Is anyone running Maxxis Razr MT's?

joez

Have two friends I wheel with regularly that run them, and they seem to work very well. Im on 5 years on my 40" Nittos, and considering replacing them with the Razr's.

Greg

Wanderlusting
Admin
How do the RAZR's hold up for a rig that's going to be offroad/rock crawling 90% of the time? Do they have a pretty strong sidewall?

Looks like the 37's weigh 81#'s, while the comparable 37" KM3 weighs 78#'s. My old Maxxis Creepy Crawlers were incredibly heavy. X-D

RockChucker

English is important. Engineering is importanter.
I went over this same line on my Razrs. It binds up your rig super hard and I pinched the rear passenger tire to the side wall. It has a cut from it. But it didn't pop it. As I understand it, these tires are the same carcass as the Procomp MT (Maxxis makes Procomp's tires). I know Ryan Maxfield has abused those tires on the competition circuit, so they seem to be pretty good? :thinking:

Greg

Wanderlusting
Admin
I went over this same line on my Razrs. It binds up your rig super hard and I pinched the rear passenger tire to the side wall. It has a cut from it. But it didn't pop it. As I understand it, these tires are the same carcass as the Procomp MT (Maxxis makes Procomp's tires). I know Ryan Maxfield has abused those tires on the competition circuit, so they seem to be pretty good? :thinking:
Awesome, good info.... thanks Dave! I'll consider them for my Willys Crawler.

joez

How do the RAZR's hold up for a rig that's going to be offroad/rock crawling 90% of the time? Do they have a pretty strong sidewall?

Looks like the 37's weigh 81#'s, while the comparable 37" KM3 weighs 78#'s. My old Maxxis Creepy Crawlers were incredibly heavy. X-D
Both guys I wheel with who run them are plated trail rigs, primarily rocks. I know I have some good pics of them wrinkling up well I can dig up. Seem to have very strong, yet flexible sidewalls.