Votes: 10 20.0%
  • Rockcrawling is a Hobby.

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • It is both a sport and a Hobby.

Votes: 28 56.0%

• Total voters

Kris K

4x4 Addict!
I was talking to this guy about rockcrawling and he asked me if I thought Rockcrawling was a sport I told him yes that i thought it was. He told me he didn't think so that it was just a hobby. I told him I think it's both A hobby and a sport. Because you have the guy's that just build there rigs for messing around on teh weekends then you have the guys that do comps and stuff like that. He still though it was a Hobby what do you guys think???

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
I think it can be both, depending on who you talk to. Some will view it as a hobby, simple recreation. Others who get more "into it" will view it as a sport.

As soon as it gets competitive, I think it crosses the line into the "sport" category.

Brett

Meat-Hippy
Originally posted by I Lean
I think it can be both, depending on who you talk to. Some will view it as a hobby, simple recreation. Others who get more "into it" will view it as a sport.

As soon as it gets competitive, I think it crosses the line into the "sport" category.

terrymac

I have only witnessed one Rockcrawling event, and from what I witnessed, I believe it is a sport much in the way golf is considered a sport. It requires a great deal of skill, nerves, tactics, patience and calculated risks. It is physical in the way that golf (and NASCAR) are physical (except perhaps for the spotter).

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
From my side of the fence... it is a hobby. From Vonski's, I Lean's, and SukaB's side of the fence, it is a sport.

I doesn't really need to be classified as either, but you really can see the different sides of it.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Originally posted by I Lean

I agree with my arch nemi... friend;) , for most people, it's simply a hobby, but once they started having professional competitions, its just as much of a sport as Formula 1 or WRC.

terrymac

Originally posted by BlackSheep
you know, that is why there are different classifications of sport....

this one happens to fall into the motorsport classification.

whether you compete or not, it is a motorsport

Well put Blacksheep!:D

84 4Runner

Restless 'Runner
Originally posted by BlackSheep
you know, that is why there are different classifications of sport....

this one happens to fall into the motorsport classification.

whether you compete or not, it is a motorsport

Agreed.

Generally, I would not classify it as a sport exactly because it does not exactly invovle unaided human physical competitition. However, I would classify it as a motorsport because it is a recreational activity (definition of sport) involving a motorized vehicle.

For me, I would consider it a hobby or sometimes an addiction. :D

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Originally posted by 84 4Runner

Agreed.

Generally, I would not classify it as a sport exactly because it does not exactly invovle unaided human physical competitition. However, I would classify it as a motorsport because it is a recreational activity (definition of sport) involving a motorized vehicle.

For me, I would consider it a hobby or sometimes an addiction. :D
Yes, not hobby, addiction!

stp189

Things like NASCAR and motorsports are more like a game, (Bowling, Rodeo, Golf ...). I think a sport requires some kind of physical strength and ability and in no way can there be any kind of human judging involved.

Rockcrawling therefor falls into the list of hobbys. But what a groovy hobby it is.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Originally posted by rckcrlr
Spot a competition and tell me it is not physical!!!!!!
Drive a 500 mile Nascar race and tell me it is not physical!!!!
Exactly, Formula 1 driver are considered some of the most physically fit athletes in the world. 200 miles at 180-200mph all day long, that's got to be a strain! And in those suits, hot ass hell!