Is the ammo grab over yet?

skeptic

I don't reload, but if this continues for another year with no end in sight I just might start looking into it. Of course this doesn't help with .22lr, and that seems to be the hardest to find at the moment. I probably have enough .22lr to get through the summer, but I wouldn't feel comfortable shooting all my ammo. My real concern is 9mm, I've been very sparing with it but even so I'm down to 3 or 4 range trips tops - or 1 good day out in the desert.

Caleb

I'm in the same boat as DAA on 22lr, I doubt I'll ever have to buy more again (if I so decide not to) but if I find it available, I'll buy some. I'm now hurting for 9mm. I'm finding everything else but 9mm (and 22lr). I'm down to under 100 rounds of 9mm left. I did just get my Dillon XL650 so I need to get that setup. I'm setup to reload 223, but now I need to get the setup for 9mm as well. I have thousands of 9mm casings to reload once I do get setup.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
I wish I had more 22LR stock piled. I used to have a ton, but I let it diminish and actually burned through a bunch just before the crap hit the fan. Hopefully prices will get down again. But I refuse to pay $50 for a brick of 22, I can shoot my 9mm for almost the same price

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Simple answer how people are still competing. Reloading. Components are hard to find, but its about $120 to reload a 1000 rounds of 9mm

That was my point. It's hard to find primers or bullets. We reload and even cast our own bullets but primers are a limiting factor. I think my dad said he has loaded over 20k rounds for himself since January. Our primer supply has been depleted;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thefirstzukman

Finding Utah
Supporting Member
T
That was my point. It's hard to find primers or bullets. We reload and even cast our own bullets but primers are a limiting factor. I think my dad said he has loaded over 20k rounds for himself since January. Our primer supply has been depleted;)

Your Dad makes a mean 9mm bullet, I've picked them up off the ground and you could reload the dang things like they sat.. I don't know what he puts in them things but it's got to be hard to melt.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
T

Your Dad makes a mean 9mm bullet, I've picked them up off the ground and you could reload the dang things like they sat.. I don't know what he puts in them things but it's got to be hard to melt.

I'm not really up to speed on his methods but I think it's lots of 50/50 bar solder, tin and line-o-type. It all melts in the pot pretty easy.
Watching him run two 4 cavity molds at the same time is pretty impressive. He's a machine.

rholbrook

Got some ammo

This morning I lucked out and was able to buy two bricks of 22 ammo.

I placed the boxes on the front seat and headed back home, but stopped at a gas station where a drop-dead gorgeous blonde in a short skirt was filling up her car at the next pump.

She glanced at the two boxes of ammo, bent over and leaned in my passenger window, and said in a sexy voice, "I'm a big believer in barter. Would you be interested in trading sex for ammo?"

I thought for a few seconds and asked,

"What kind of ammo 'ya got?"

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
I had a friend call me yesterday saying that cal-ranch had just brought in a pallet full of .22. All in 50-100 rnd boxes. This may be promising. I am only willing to buy in 500rd plus bricks, so I imagine I'm still waiting for a while, but hopefully soon.

Anybody else had luck finding bulk .22??

Cascadia

Undecided
How much is bulk. I tried buying 2 100 cases last week and he would only let me get one. So my wife bought the other. Pretty lame though cause 200 will last like 30 minutes of shooting.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Midway USA has 500 rd boxes .22LR for $34 right now. not great but better than anywhere else I can find online and I can never find any in the stores.

skeptic

Looks like CCI mini-mags are back down to $7.95 for a box of 100 at the LGS, but supply is very sparse and is sells out very quickly (I haven't seen any on the shelves myself, but I was talking to a manager there). However, 9mm is showing up regularly and not only have they dropped the price down to $15/$16 per box of 50 but they also have multiple brands at that price.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Sportsmans in midvale has had .22, grabbed up a bunch of primers and even some powder for decent price

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
Had a huge dry spell of not finding anything for a 3 weeks. Found 1500 rounds of 22lr the last 2 days