I've heard there were big spiders...

Coco

This bastard was on my stairs.... It was probably the size of a .50 cent piece, and I had to kill it....
photo 2.JPG

mombobuggy

That is about the best way to kill a recluse they are called the dirty spider because they do not clean themselves. This makes pesticides useless against them. They thrive in moist areas with clutter. And are reported to eat cardboard. Makes me look at those old boxes in the attic differently. Sticky traps work also.

STAG

On my grind
Reached down to type in the gate code and saw some legs sticking out at me.

2EE39401-16B2-48FA-9E2C-07B726A54F7E_zpslxlur9rw.jpg

4BC464EB-EB9E-40BB-A88C-44BB1DBDAABB_zpsyb0adiwa.jpg

he looked bigger IRL

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
I was feeling generous [not the right word?] but I let him live on. If he was in my shop I might not be as forgiving.

I was going to ask if you burned the key pad to the ground or if it had bullet holes in it, but I guess not.

This big sucker was caught by some of my co-workers in Herriman

uploadfromtaptalk1406533222177.jpg

DAA

We spent the 4th at our place in Nevada and when I went out to the shop I found black widows had taken it over. Killed four big females in about 10 minutes. Sprayed the whole shop the next day and kept the kids out of it the whole time we were there just to be safe. I don't like those things...

- DAA

ID Bronco

We spent the 4th at our place in Nevada and when I went out to the shop I found black widows had taken it over. Killed four big females in about 10 minutes. Sprayed the whole shop the next day and kept the kids out of it the whole time we were there just to be safe. I don't like those things...

- DAA

This made me remember my then 4 year old telling me, "Dad I hate black weirdo spiders" It was adorable and funny! Of course I had him say it 20 more times for fun.

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
Spiders are nothin', wait till you have a scorpion drop down the neck of your shirt.

Was re-reading this thread and saw this. It reminds me--one of my apartments in Italy had scorpions in it. We'd usually find one every week or two. While living there, I developed the habit of turning each shoe upside down before putting it on to check for any surprise contents... a habit I still have to this day.