J4000 Build

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I support this build for two reasons

1. J-trucks are awesome
2. I can't imagine how awesome it'd be to see you wheel something you're not making a payment on. That's a mind grenade right there!

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.

1. J-trucks are awesome
2. I can't imagine how awesome it'd be to see you wheel something you're not making a payment on. That's a mind grenade right there!

I guess after seeing me not worry when my door hinge rubbed the sandstone makes this understandable. And yes J-trucks are awesome.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Oh and my wife is not thrilled but right now It's just an "experiment" I've already removed an inner fender to look into narrowing the front almost 18".

N-Smooth

Absolutely. You treat your JK like it owes you money. I love it!

I love the idea of taking off the bed, shortening the wheelbase to like 105-110", throwing on some cheap 37's, welding up the diffs and just wheeling it.

I guess after seeing me not worry when my door hinge rubbed the sandstone makes this understandable. And yes J-trucks are awesome.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Absolutely. You treat your JK like it owes you money. I love it!

I love the idea of taking off the bed, shortening the wheelbase to like 105-110", throwing on some cheap 37's, welding up the diffs and just wheeling it.

It will be a little more in depth but that's sort of the idea.

N-Smooth

Yeah, I just like the idea of doing the easy stuff first, wheeling it and then deciding where to go with the project. J-trucks are awesome

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Yeah, I just like the idea of doing the easy stuff first, wheeling it and then deciding where to go with the project. J-trucks are awesome

I've got mis-matched gears right now and it needs steering and drivelines and a bunch of other stuff

As of right now I've already started hacking on the front end to narrow it and it looks like it won't be too bad. It helps that it's good quality steel that built this truck.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.

1. J-trucks are awesome

Yes and yes. I've wanted one of these trucks since I saw the one in Tremors.

Make it so.

N-Smooth

And with that I will officially be referring to the truck as The Graboid from this point on.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Don't get your hopes too high about progress this will be slow and I will not be investing any money so for a while it's just going to be sheet metal work.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
It's a Lincoln Pro-mig 140 and all I'm missing is the bottle and mig wire for my gas setup. This bottle should be taken care of in a couple weeks though.

sixstringsteve

sweet. That should do the trick. I have a friend who restores VW busses and sells them for $60k+ and that's the setup he uses.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.