Jeep Cherokee above the B in Bountiful?

There's a Jeep Cherokee stuck in the deep snow above the 'B' in Bountiful and Skyline drive. The story I've heard is that the guy is leaving it up there until summer because he can't get it unstuck. Anyone know who this is? If it's not too late (too much snow, closed roads) then I'm all about organizing an extraction party.

ace

Parts Collector
I hope you are mistaken. Anything left on that mountain after dark will be destroyed by self entitled upper-class Bountiful teens. The kids in this town are bad like that. Maybe we can pull the carcass off in the spring.

rxcarl5

does anyone know exactly where this jeep is stuck? I live up in that area and will go pull him out if he needs a tug out. I am also wondering where all this snow is that they are claiming he is stuck in, it sounds like fun to go play in.

I'm not sure exactly, but we went up Old Ward Canyon and went south on Skyline drive to where the Cherokee was stuck. The gate was still open, but I'm not sure for how long. There was up to 2 feet of snow in some spots. If we can find the owner in the next few days (before more snow hits) then I'm sure we could get it out with a few winches and tow straps.

rxcarl5

alright so it is past the gate a way then. that still isnt to bad of an area to get to. If you do end up finding the owner let me know. like I said I would be more the glad to try to get it out of there with them. By the way what did the jeep look like in case it is somebody that I know?

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I've seen what a winter can do to a rig over a winter in the Uintas... not cool... :(

If someone heads up to check it out, grab a license plate number and VIN, also make a call to the USFS office, Sherriff and Bountiful police, find out if they already know about it. Offer to help...

If you can't find the owner by calling the above, I am sure we can get someone to run the VIN and get the info... Let me know if you need help with this.

It's in a rough spot that will be hard to get to, but I think a "chain" of rigs tow-roped together could reach it and extract it.

If anyone goes up there, get the info like Kurt suggested. Then we can organize a rescue.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I'm not sure if I can go (depends on the date obviously), but I have (somewhere) a 100+ foot winch extension cable. I'm sure you could buy another length of cable to get you closer too... The U4WDA was going to get one (EZ knew the source) to help pull a car out of a steep canyon (probably a 200 yard pull) for the Forest Service (that project has been postponed TBA?)

Unichev

I am willing to help. I dont have a winch, but I think I can go anywhere he went. Give me a call at 644-9857 if you need help. My name is Brett.

SUPERFLY

CaptainRob
ive got acess to what i call the "truckstop"(cuz its got everything)
2004 HUMMER H1 rod hall suspension 12,000 pounder winch 40 inch tires, and a few more toys, bring on the snow and count us in!! give me pm

1BadZJ

UNI-Bomber
Just lets us know when you are going for the cherokee, I live in Bountiful and know of some more jeeps that live in the area that might be able to go with. I wouldn't think that it would be that hard to get it. call me 801-560-6206

TRNDRVR

IMA BUM
Just an idea. I use to be a locksmith. I have car opening tools in my garage. Lets just go break into/open the thing up, drag it out of where it's at, then have the police run the plates and call the owner telling them it's ready to be picked up.
Truthfully....it wouldn't the first time I've done it.
PC120022.JPG

No harm, no foul!!!

Dan.
801-389-4398 I'll help. Even tomorrow.

Last edited:

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
I have a 98 expedition on 35x12.50 and a RAMSEY 12,000 LB winch... it has about 90-100 feet of cable and would be glad to help too... even though My front driveshaft is out due to bad u joints...

I'd be willing to run as deep as I could as long as there was someone breaking tracks for me and someone behind to pull me back....

John