Jeep Liberty lightbar

addifan

Would this fit on a WJ?
How would this look on a WJ?

If someone can photoshop the Liberty lightbar on a WJ that would be great... I would like to see how it would look.

Brad

The artist formerly known as Redrock5.9
addifan said:
Would this fit on a WJ?
How would this look on a WJ?

If someone can photoshop the Liberty lightbar on a WJ that would be great... I would like to see how it would look.

Rooftop lighting is ineffective except for the sharpest of pencil beams. Find some lights that will mount in the TR (may be hard with the winch in there :confused: ) but my opinion: don't mess up the look of that WJ with a Fisher-Price Liberty accessory. If rooftop lighting is a must, get a Wilderness rack and elevated light mounts.

This is similar to my setup (you're welcome to come by and check it out, the rack and lights are sitting in the shop):

http://www.jeeparena.net/PIAA_520_Roof_Lights/

EZRhino

KalishnaKitty
Good call, Brad.

Most lights are designed to be as low on the vehicle as possible. I tried mounting some pencil beams on my roof rack on my Rodeo years ago and they are a lousy place to put them. The glare shines on the hood and makes it really difficult to see, plus if there is fog or dust (off roading) you're screwed. The lights up that high really light up all the dust making it impossible and dangerous to see ahead.

EZ

Mike_Lib

Mall Crawlin'
Hey Kevin,

I'm just razzin' you ;)

Seriously though...if you want lights I would look into the AEV selway rack. It's $$$'s but it is build stout and it's mounting system is the only legit system I've seen for a WJ. It mounts so well that I've even seen it be used as a secondary anchor point during vehicle recovery.

If you're set no the libby light bar I don't see why you couldn't get them to work. I'll donate some of my time on a weekend if you want some help getting some lights set-up.

FYI - Once you go to moab and you get in some off camber stuff and feel the body lean you may think twice about any incremental weight up top ;)

addifan

I knew everyone was joking... It's expected on RME :D I really just wanted to throw the idea out. But I really don't want added weight up top. I will just stick with the driving light's I have built in my TR. Thanks everyone!