Jeep not level

Wonderboy

So i was looking at the back end of my Wrangler last night and noticed that it appears to be leaning to the passenger side a bit. On close inspection, the spacers on the bumper are different sizes as well. Would this have anything to do with it? I checked my tire pressure and they are all fine now, but it still leans. Could it be a shock or something like that? Any ideas?

DevinB

I like traffic lights
Learn to live with it. Mine will lean depending on which way I turned into the parking stall. If it's really bad, you probably have a worn spring.

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
you didn't say what year wrangler, but if it is a tj, they all do it.

Exactly. Some worse than others, it just depends on the manufacture of the spring. What you can do is swap the driver and passenger spring. After time, that will level it out.

The passenger rear takes all of the torque, and as such is harder on springs than the driver rear.

camcruiser13

Exactly. Some worse than others, it just depends on the manufacture of the spring. What you can do is swap the driver and passenger spring. After time, that will level it out.

The passenger rear takes all of the torque, and as such is harder on springs than the driver rear.

x2

its torque caused

Caleb

did you buy the jeep used? if so I think you got screwed. I bet the frame is tweaked and to try and level it out they did this. My mom once bought a Kia and they chopped one of the springs to get it to sit level.

Caleb

you could start taking measurements but the most sure way would be to take it to a body shop, they could tell you for sure. Also you could just visually inspect it and see if there is any obvious frame damage (wrinkles, bends, or repaired areas)

1993yj

The bumper looks level, just the body looks off. With the bumper being level I would like to think that the frame is straight. I would try replacing the body mounts all around if it bugs you.

Wonderboy

That Is What I Am Thinking, And Really Truly Hoping For. I Am Just Going To Have To Look In To Some More, And Spend Some Time To Take Those Pucks Off And See What Happens.

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
from looking at your pictures I noticed that the body lift are two different sizes... the one on the drivers side is taller then the one on the passenger side... I would take those and swap them so that the taller one is on the passenger side... that way with the lean from the torque is going to eventually make the jeep sit level....

rollover

Looking at your photos 1st Your left rear looks like it has been hit up just under your 0 of your plate. 2nd Looking from your rear photo it looks as if your frame, bumper and gas tank all look even. This leads us to 3rd The spacers need to be the same size on both rears in order to compare. You most likely have a lift kit put on by a "weekend want to be". Park on a level spot and measure your rear frame to the ground. It looks like someone who didn't follow the instructions well on your lift.
Just my 2 cents.

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
What you're not seeing is the fact that he has body lift pucks on the two rear corner mounts "ONLY"!

That's what I got out of
I HAVE NO BODY LIFT ON THE JEEP, BUT THERE ARE TWO BODY LIFT PUCKS ON THE BACK OF DIFFERENT SIZES.

First thing I would do is take the pucks out and leave behidn only the stock body mounts.

In the pics, the bumper sits level, so I don't think you have a frame/suspension problem.

So get rid of the pucks.. They are easy to do, just loosen all of one side, remove them, tighten it all back up. Then loosen all of the other side, remove them, tighten it all back up. You may need to use a hi lift under the rockers to lift up one side, then other. Put a peice of 2x4" between the body and jack so that you are jacking on the board and not the tub. It's very easy, and doesn't take much. You can have it all done in about an hour easy.