Jeeper's 2006 6.0 F350

ricsrx

lubricant for the water pump..... sorry its going this way, i felt you had a solid nailed down plan for this truck. i feel bad that just sucks, what is your plan now, just drive it?

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
Thanks for the sympathy guys. I am just beside myself over this. I can't even get my head around how I am going to proceed yet.

I've got so much on my plate right now that I don't have time to even try to research and fix it.. and I really need the stupid truck for upcoming jobs..

It's a good thing money grows on tree's.. and that I have an orchard handy. I don't mind dropping $14k on a truck I can't drive. And I have been worried about my concrete flying away, so at least the truck can hold my driveway down for a while, right??

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
Are you sure its not just residual oil? Have you installed a coolant filter? Have you had the cooling system pressure tested?

Mine had residual oil in the coolant for a while. I flushed it numerous times only to have oil still in the coolant. I finally put the filter on the coolant, and after about 3 filter changes, everything cleared up.

Give me a call

307-899-1362

I'm not an expert per say, but I've been through what you are going through, and mine has been great since. I've been doing all the work on my own. They can be pretty good trucks if the dude working on them know what they are doing

jeeper

I have added a filter, it seemed pretty clean this time. I'll put some miles on it and see how it goes.

The coolant leak I have is very odd. I can run it with no leak. Let it sit and cool with no leak. Goes over night with no leak. As the day warms up, the leak starts and goes all day.
this has happened two days in a row now.

ricsrx

I have added a filter, it seemed pretty clean this time. I'll put some miles on it and see how it goes.

The coolant leak I have is very odd. I can run it with no leak. Let it sit and cool with no leak. Goes over night with no leak. As the day warms up, the leak starts and goes all day.
this has happened two days in a row now.

water Pump front seal? that is how my motor home does it

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
image.png

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
I had a water leak that looked like it was coming from that area as well early on. It ended up being on top of the intake manifold. It wasn't too hard to fix.

Did you delete the EGR cooler?

They installed a whole new block, correct?

Have you done a pressure test on the cooling system?

Do the basics. It's probably a bad o-ring.

I know how irritating these trucks can be. Right after i fixed mine the first time with cheap chinese parts, it blew up a month later. I let it sit on my driveway for about 6 months before I could make myself work on it again. The next time I bought the good Ford parts and it's been trouble free since.

The drip is coming off the starter and bell housing, so it's got to be further back than a water pump. But I will check for fun..

jeeper

Kept the egr, did an updated egr cooler.
I will do a pressure test.

How many miles did you go between coolant filter changes?

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
currently 10K on the coolant filter. now that the system is clean, it's not getting clogged up. I do 10K oil changes, synthetic oil, and change the filter every 5K.

It's been working fine for me. I should send my oil in for some analysis.

jeeper

I haven't put any more miles on the truck, and still need to find and resolve the oil in the coolant issue. I debated within myself for about a week what I was going to do. After much thought, I have decided that I will keep the truck. If we can get the issues worked out, we should have a good truck.. It may just be a head ache getting there.

Because I am keeping it, It was in need of some upgrades.

Off came the bed:

IMG_6402.JPG

Frame is obviously going to be a bit rusty..

IMG_6403.JPG

I pressure washed the frame and surrounding parts the best I could, and then gave it a coat of paint.

IMG_6446.JPG

New CM truck bed in place.

IMG_6442.JPG

I have got the mounts made and welded to the bed, but don't have the right bolts to finish up, so I'll have to get those picked up.
I have also got some diamond plate boxes to mount under the front of the bed on the sides.

I really like the look of the truck with the bed. It has made me forget about the engine drama for a bit, and has made me a happy truck owner again..

Last edited:

Bart

Looks great with the flat bed. I may end up doing that to mine someday. Hope everything else comes together for you.

jeeper

I got the bed all buttoned up a couple weeks ago, late Saturday night. I took the family for a little drive the next day to visit my aunt. As I pulled up her street I could smell coolant. I pulled into her drive, and the truck was puking everywhere. Sure sign of bad head gaskets. This last Friday I gave her yet another ride back to Ogden.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    34.8 KB · Views: 307