Jeeper's 2006 6.0 F350

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
This was in the comments on your song:

[video=youtube;Qvi6KcOHcCg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qvi6KcOHcCg[/video]

Last edited:

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
It's together and running now. He has been driving it the last couple days. There is still some oil in the coolant, and he's not sure if it's residual or leaking in again...

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Update: He said it has been running good for the last 2 weeks. He has put 100 miles on it. still not sure if oil is residual or coming in. Has a coolant filter.
I told him I was going to come get it to get more miles on it. It's either fixed or not, and I am needing the truck. No time to sit around any more.

Picked it up, check coolant to get an idea of how much oil is in coolant. Very brown :rolleyes:.
Started just fine. Tried to pull out, and the truck moves at a snails pace. No pick up after turbo spools, I can hear hissing bad. Turned around and back to shop. Tried all connections to turbo/cooler/intake. All tight. Hissing is coming from intake gasket.

Left the truck to be fixed....again...

says it will be done tomorrow... Or last October, I don't really remember anymore..

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
This is how the truck currently sits. I still have the original bed. (still has dent on passenger side). 90,720 miles. Running, with oil contamination. Clean interior.
Whats it worth? I would probably keep the flat bed though..

View attachment 104417

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Update: He said it has been running good for the last 2 weeks. He has put 100 miles on it. still not sure if oil is residual or coming in. Has a coolant filter.
I told him I was going to come get it to get more miles on it. It's either fixed or not, and I am needing the truck. No time to sit around any more.

Picked it up, check coolant to get an idea of how much oil is in coolant. Very brown :rolleyes:.
Started just fine. Tried to pull out, and the truck moves at a snails pace. No pick up after turbo spools, I can hear hissing bad. Turned around and back to shop. Tried all connections to turbo/cooler/intake. All tight. Hissing is coming from intake gasket.

Left the truck to be fixed....again...

says it will be done tomorrow... Or last October, I don't really remember anymore..

:(

What recourse does the shop offer? I'm SURE they'd like to get this thing out of their hair? Any refund of any kind possible for your troubles?

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
:(

What recourse does the shop offer? I'm SURE they'd like to get this thing out of their hair? Any refund of any kind possible for your troubles?

I mentioned getting my money back, or having him purchase the truck from me.. he wasn't too excited about the idea..

He and I will have to have some hard conversations in the next couple days.

Bart

Basically you have paid for a service that has not been delivered and I think you've gone above and beyond your part of the deal. They need to make the deal right, one way or the other. Are they a licensed shop?

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I picked the truck up on Friday. It still has oil mixing in the coolant.

I am going to have to get my money back from this fellow, and I imagine it's going to be a long process.
My next step is to get documentation that he has failed to complete the engine rebuild. I need to get a dye test completed to prove the oil is coming in from the engine, and is not residual from the previous issues.
I have talked with G&R about it, but am looking for additional options for additional opinions.
Any quality shops with good 6.0 experience in the south end of Salt lake valley?

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
Bummer this has worked out this way Brian. I don't have any advice but do wish you the best of luck getting this resolved.

ricsrx

I know you got a good deal when you bought it but If you sell it do you think that you will come close to breaking even with it?

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
Eighty sixed industries works wonders on all of our 6.0 work trucks. His entire business is built off the 6.0s