Jeeper's 2006 6.0 F350

Jesser04

Can they pressure test the cooler out of the truck? I can't believe you have had three of them fail in what seems less than a 1000 miles. Something isn't adding up here.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Whats worse is if there is that much crude in the degas, when they put a new clean cooler in, it will be plugged in minutes. I agree with Stratton. They are doing something wrong.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
There's got to be a blown gasket between an oil galley and a coolant passage or something.

Whats worse is if there is that much crude in the degas, when they put a new clean cooler in, it will be plugged in minutes. I agree with Stratton. They are doing something wrong.

I felt the same. I asked home boy at the shop 'what ELSE could be causing this?' He said 'nothing'..

One reason I did the flush again was to make sure that it was actually getting clean, in hopes that this time the system will be clean. But with the amount of oil that was in the degas when I arrived, I doubt it's clean

jeeper

Can they pressure test the cooler out of the truck? I can't believe you have had three of them fail in what seems less than a 1000 miles. Something isn't adding up here.
I was just sent a text saying he pressure tested it, and it failed.

I have a hard time thinking they are this easy to destroy..

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
Man, I don't think they know what they are doing. Get the upgraded cooler and do it yourself. Yes it sucks. But if you take your time, it's not horrible.. I did mine twice. once because of the original blew, then the cheap chinese oil cooler and egr cooler let loose. Last time I upgraded to the newest upgradedest Ford oil cooler. I haven't had a bit of trouble since.

I had to flush it multiple times. And went through about 3 filters before it was all clean. But now that its all done. I'm a happy camper

sixstringsteve

Look on the bright side: you're getting a fantastic education out of this. :)

This entire thread reminds me of the mantra: "buy once, cry once." You've cried too many times on this project.

I feel for you, Brian, but what other vehicle on earth self destructs if you don't have a coolant filter? I don't think my Freightliner has one.

That being said, thanks for keeping your dirty laundry aired out here. It is good for all of us to see as we contemplate buying a truck.

I feel for you, Brian, but what other vehicle on earth self destructs if you don't have a coolant filter? I don't think my Freightliner has one.

That being said, thanks for keeping your dirty laundry aired out here. It is good for all of us to see as we contemplate buying a truck.

What Freightliner do you have? The DD15 ran a coolant filter from the factory... It just got removed on the new '17 model year engines.

KWight

I hope that you are just working all the bugs out of it from the previous bad maintenance. Hopefully the shop did the work on it right and it is great that they are standing behind their work. I have had my 2007 F250 for two years and put 17,000 miles on it during that time. So far, so good, but it was also from the original owner, a 63 year old man who babied it.

Thanks for keeping us posted.

jeeper

66 miles.. Oil in my coolant. What a freaking joke.

I am in a state of anger never before seen.

For those of you in the know.. What possible problems lead to oil in coolant?

Blown oil cooler..
Blown egr cooler?
Bad head gaskets..
What else?