Jiffy Lube inspection

Robert T

Skull Designs Euros
I would run it down to the uhp office and talk to one of them, just make sure everything else is taken care of. Get on of them to write you something saying its ok, if they say it is anyway. Over half of the low rider tires stick out farther than that and they are usually driving on there sidewalls.

ricsrx

My cherokee failed for the same thing a few years back, just a standard after market wheel had enough offset to exspose the edge of the tire. I had the stock wheels, so i put them on, the funny part was the stock rims had bald tires, but the reinspection was for wheel flairs, he walked out of the office, saw I put the stock wheels back on, turned around and finished the paper work, :)
what a bunch of dumb ****s

I also made a point to tell them I would tell every one i knew NOT to go to his shop, he said he would rather have than the UHP on his back for passing a vehicle that shouldnt.
I said fair enough, I wont be supprised when I see you behind the counter at burger king!!

Last edited:

shrubeck

Mmm Commulicious
I worked at Jiffy Lube about 7 years ago and a Jeep came in with shingles duct tapped to his fender flares! our inspection guy passed him! :D

Now that's a good idea!

As far as talking to the UHP, the Jeep expired 3 months ago (I don't drive it much) so I'd rather avoid drawing too much attention to myself. Maybe after it's registered I'll have to chat with them about the brakes if I'm still bitter.

Corban_White

That jiffy lube on freedom is the worst one in the state AFIK. I always go to jiffy lube and they are usually very fair. (other than that one) Last time my wife failed and I took it to another jiffy lube and they said that was fine. It is in the computer but since JL is a chain it worked to take it to another one.

Robert T

Skull Designs Euros
That jiffy lube on freedom is the worst one in the state AFIK. I always go to jiffy lube and they are usually very fair. (other than that one) Last time my wife failed and I took it to another jiffy lube and they said that was fine. It is in the computer but since JL is a chain it worked to take it to another one.

So I would try the guys at the 8 th north and state one

Coco

If they did a brake plate test, in that box, it would say yes, then the number your vehicle was. And it would be blank in your brake measurement boxes. Then sometimes they will print off the sheet from the brake plate test.

shrubeck

Mmm Commulicious
I win.
2010-08-09081549.jpg

After passing it, the inspection dude requested that I remove my new extensions as soon as possible. He said they were causing "more harm than good." I said "You bet your ass they are."

shrubeck

Mmm Commulicious
They're old press plates from the newspaper. Really thin sheet metal, almost like flashing. I securely fastened them with a potent combination of double sided tape and duct tape. They held on for the drive there, but wouldn't have lasted much longer.

Swoop69

I did the same thing a few years ago with my TJ and the fine folks at Jiffy-L. I wanted to play hardball after they failed me, so I called UHP and got the By-The-Book definition.

I asked UHP if I made them out of cardboard if it would pass. "As long as they are securely fastened, and it doesnt rain, it is ok".

went back to J-Lube, they wouldnt pass it. Called UHP right there and they said NO! again, personal opinion...

so i ended up using 4 inch rubber garden edging... like you would use around a flower box.... Passed.

J-Lube wont ever touch another one of my vehicles again... not even to fill the washer fluid!

Glad you won the battle and stuck it to the J-Man...

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
After passing it, the inspection dude requested that I remove my new extensions as soon as possible. He said they were causing "more harm than good." I said "You bet your ass they are."

This overflows with awesome. Did you yank them off right there in the parking lot? :D

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
We went to Jiffy lube in ST. George once and they failed our durango for not having the tint removed from the brake light. SO I tried to remove and it is inside the glass factory from the dealer. We found this out after we took it to a tint place to try to have them remove it. We had to go back to the Jiffy lube and get on the phone with the tint place for them to pass it. Last time I will go there that is for sure.

I love your flares that is awesome.