Junkyard Help needed

LonnieC

So I'm not really familiar with slc, so i need your help. I'm looking for info on where the good junkyards are? I live in sugar house, but don't mind traveling around.

LonnieC

yeah i have been to the redwood one, it is pretty good. I have seen some of the online sites but i like just going and wondering just for fun.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Tear-A-Part is probably the best you pull site right now. Pick-n-Pull on 3300 S 500 W is OK, but the most expensive. Pull-n-Save out on 2100 S and 7200 W (I think thats the west) has the largest yard and take the longest to roll their inventory, but the yard itself is basically a mud pit and they rarely have a good selection, at least for the things I generally am looking for.
As for full service yards, I've had really good luck with Penguin Auto on 5600 W and about 2700 S.

LonnieC

Awesome, i might have to go to some scavenging here soon! The girlfriend thinks I'm crazy for liking junkyards, I just look at it like a grown up Easter egg hunt...
Do any of them around here have old cars or is it mostly modern stuff?

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
There is another one up in Ogden. A-1 Salvage on 17th street just east of I-15. It's not as big as Tear-A-Part but the prices are good and I almost always find something I can use or sell.

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
Junkyards and the DI are two of my favorite places. Hell man, 2 years ago I made enough selling junkyard parts online that I could have paid my rent for the year, and came close to that again last year.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
The vehicles you usually find in junkyards are between 10 - 15 years old. Thats the sweet spot. Tear-A-Part has an "vintage" section, but its usually only 10 cars or so and they can be there for months. They don't really rotate them at all.