Just Another Hemi LJ.....

Cascadia

Undecided
She didn't know about it (or at least how much it was until I gave it to her. But I figure the money is going to building our new house and it'll get me more goodies for my garage. Insulated walls, doors, lighting, heat, all that fun stuff.

N8RB8R

Wowsers! This has been very slow as I have been working out of town away from home for quite some time. I have accomplished quite a bit over the holidays in the short bit that I was there.

The engine is completely in and the harness arrived between Christmas and the new year. Everything is completed short of the exhaust. I ordered a complete Cali legal Hemi to Tj exhaust system through Jeep Speed Shop that is clean and features dual cats plus all mandrel bends. The best part of the bolt in system is that it was designed off of a Tereflex belly up and triangulated 4-link rear suspension which I have.

My regular go to exhaust guy quoted me twice as much as this kit and the last one he did for me came in $200 over the quote and was done very poorly, hopefully the kit I ordered works as promised.

When I return home and get cranking again we will update with pictures, like I had mentioned in my first post this was going to be a slow build, just been slower than I expected.

I will leave you guys with some current pictures of my out of town project I am working on, it is truley an ultimate off road machine! (I also shared it in the what did you work on today thread before I realized you guys missed me here.)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    229.9 KB · Views: 48
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    231.6 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

N8RB8R

Just got back into town, here is how it is currently sitting. Still need to hook up a few minor things and also still waiting on the exhaust to arrive. The A/C lines will need to be custom built, will get to those after Jeep Safari.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

zmotorsports

Hardcore Gearhead
Vendor
Awesome build. I better not let my son see this as he has been talking about putting a Hemi in his 04 LJ since it is now his second vehicle. He bought a 2002 ECSB Duramax as his primary vehicle so the LJ is a possible candidate for an upgrade.

Subscribed.

Mike.

rholbrook

I'm calling him to let him know Mike. I always wanted to out a Hemi in it but I got frustrated with Davis Co emissions. I had 2 seperate meetings with them

zmotorsports

Hardcore Gearhead
Vendor
Yep, he started talking about it off and on about a year ago. However, since I have been talking about putting either a Hemi VVT or an LS in mine he has been talking about it even more lately.

I don't know if or when I will get around to it but I sure would like to give my 2011 a little kick in the butt.

Mike.

N8RB8R

Well after 3 months the exhaust finally arrived! Things can get back on track now and hopefully have this finished in time for safari.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    680.7 KB · Views: 46

ZUKEYPR

Not that I can ever afford it but I'm curious as to how the many folks who have done a Hemi swap have got it through emissions? By what I read it has to be same year or newer and more importantly an engine that was originally offered. When I was thinking about...no dreaming about it I even called the state emmsions who then forwarded me to some guy(don't rec who exactly that reconfirmed the same thing. Just checking in the event my plan B comes into fruition...winning the lottery