just some sunday wrenching

lowe1974

mbryson's butcher
I have seen people with scrambler with half cab and full length cab basically build two cages. One that is in the bed part in the back and another that is in just the cab. The two cages just have enough room between each other to sqeeze the half cab through.

harkinoff

something to do...
great ideas, I'm all for cutting it up and making it a two seater, I do want to keep it sorta street legal though, nice being able to drive to a trail once in a while..... other situation I'm up against is my wife don't want it a two seater, the kid thing!!!! where's it going to sit, she say's, if we ever one?...... now what? guess I could put a scout bench seat back in it?:eek:

troutbum

cubi-kill
I had the same problem, decided that I liked the lines and the space for kids So I bobed the bed 12 inches instead ;)

If I were going to tube out the rear I would cut here with an angle cut to the front
cut1.jpg

tube inners and run the scout outers as skins. I think the best place (looks the best) to cut is about 6" behind the top of the wheel arch. If I were doing it though I would run coils and a four link, might as well get a good departure angle.

I personally don't like the flat bed look, you can shave a lot of weight and keep the 16 gauge rear quarters as skins, you'll get fewer UHP encounters as well.

What finally decided it for me was the idea that if I could fit wife and kids I will get out more often. Plus I really dig the fugly scout lines. All I have left is the new wheel wells going in tomorrow. If you want to stop by and look at mine before you sawzall, feel free.

sukaB

Banned
Troutsak...
Why not buy a Wrangler?
Seems smarter and la lot less work..
Oh--my bust you love trackers and
BTW #1
Still figuring out that one.............hhhhmmmmmmm?

troutbum

cubi-kill
Originally posted by sukaB
Troutsak...
Why not buy a Wrangler?
Seems smarter and la lot less work..
Oh--my bust you love trackers and
BTW #1
Still figuring out that one.............hhhhmmmmmmm?

No kidding, had I known what a PITA it was going to be I probably would have ;). Woulda saved a couple thou in weight too...

Answered your other question in the other post, y'know the one where I was inadvertently smack talking your girlfriend..... lets wheel first then you can hate me for being an a$$...it works better when you have first hand experience. :D

toy73scout

A free scout I'll take it
hay randy looks sweet I cant wate tell I'm at that point . was there any good steel left from what you cut off I could use some if you just going to scrap it