just totalled the ZJ. What to do

xjc

I give up :(
Originally posted by GroceryGetter
Still unsure what the future will hold. If I keep it, I will chop it and reinforce everything on the unibody to make it as rigid as possible.

If I don't keep it, I will most likely be looking for either a 93 ZJ for cheep (idealy a wood grained waggy!) or a 2 door cherokee w/ the 4.0. Either way I would make it a trail rig.

Insurance picks it up tomorrow so we'll see then.

cody

I have a 2dr 84 xj for $700 with the 2.8 and auto. Good starting point for a trail rig. Your zj coils will work great if I'm not mistaken.

Brent

another nobody
Originally posted by xjc

I have a 2dr 84 xj for $700 with the 2.8 and auto. Good starting point for a trail rig. Your zj coils will work great if I'm not mistaken.
other than you'd have to replace the whole drivetrain instead of just the axles ;)

Brent

another nobody
Originally posted by xjc
Replace everything = Bad?

:confused: :confused: :confused: ... Isn't major mods the whole point?

4.3 vortech, atlas II, 44 rear. :eek: :D :D
but money is also an issue, and if I personally were to start from that point, I'd spend that $700 on a tube bender and make a ride that had something more to it than stamped tin that cracks at every joint and requires the doors to keep it from flexing its self appart.

xjc

I give up :(
Hey, lay off my poor cherokee man :( . Unibody's are jeeps too ya know, sniffle sniffle:rolleyes:

(Gota agree with you on the tube bender thing:D but I would like to sell my old cherokee though, My new one needs more toys)

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
"well hell!!! there is nowhere to weld this bracket.........where the hell is the frame dammit?!?!?"

unibody blows!!!:D :D