keep my wife off RME

Houndoc

Well, based on this weekend's reports it looks like everyone out there either did serious vehicle damage and/or rolled.

Better keep the wife off the forum or I'll never get out...

?JMAMA

Formerly YJMAMA
Some of us wives encourage our husbands to do this stuff. ;) Take her out and let her drive you might see a change. Or give her a camera so she is more worried about getting that perfect shot. I don't care if EKSJAE brakes the jeep it can be fixed.

Last edited:

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
Houndoc said:
Well, based on this weekend's reports it looks like everyone out there either did serious vehicle damage and/or rolled.

Just put her in the driver seat once in a while. They tend to get a greater appreciation for the obstacles if they've attempted them. Here's Tara on WW

Attachments

• Tara WW.jpg
    Tara WW.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 29
  • Tara WW2.jpg
    Tara WW2.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 32

footin fool

My wife hates everything about the sport. All she wonts to know anymore is how much is it going to cost this time? She wont even go out with me. She thinks I am going to die or something. It scares the hell out of her.

utahxjer

footin fool said:
My wife hates everything about the sport. All she wonts to know anymore is how much is it going to cost this time? She wont even go out with me. She thinks I am going to die or something. It scares the hell out of her.

Use this line:

"no honey, I'm just driving to the trail head then I'm riding up with ______..."

samitoy

I get the same reaction from my wife as Footen Fool does from his!!!

It sucks cuz it limits the number of times you get to go wheelin!!!

footin fool

samitoy said:
I get the same reaction from my wife as Footen Fool does from his!!!

It sucks cuz it limits the number of times you get to go wheelin!!!

for shure! I only got to Moab once last year. That is changeing this year. i got to dump a bunch of money into it and i am going to use it. i also use the it great bonding time for me and my son. He wonts to go all the time which is make things a little better. That and I took her to disney land for our anniversiury. That cost more than Im in to the truck :ugh: :ugh: :rofl:

R

rockdog

Coreshot said:
Just put her in the driver seat once in a while. They tend to get a greater appreciation for the obstacles if they've attempted them. Here's Tara on WW
And it looks like she showed you how its done corey. ;) :rofl: :rofl:

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
let the wife drive, and hope for a big dent or a broken something. They just say "oh honey, that is ok, I will fix it for you" then next time she will have to do the same for you when you break something :rofl:

Houndoc

I must admit I missed my chance- my wife brought up last week (after I told her about the video of Badcop's roll) that maybe I should buy a vehicle just for hunting and off-road so I don't damage the Montero. Silly me being responsible and saying we can't afford it :ugh:

By the way, what out there could be had for $3-5k?

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
Houndoc said:
I must admit I missed my chance- my wife brought up last week (after I told her about the video of Badcop's roll) that maybe I should buy a vehicle just for hunting and off-road so I don't damage the Montero. Silly me being responsible and saying we can't afford it :ugh:

By the way, what out there could be had for $3-5k?

Here ya go, already built for $2800...

http://www.rockymountainextreme.com/showthread.php?t=19910

PierCed_3

I drive Frankenstein!!
The wife complains about me leaving to go wheeling but she understands. It's better than going to the strip club or a bar in her opinion. Little does she know what happens after the wheeling..... :guilty:

Houndoc said:

No I think you mis-understood. It was the wife that did the damage :)
Big boulder, Wife behind the wheel, and an MS bumper dont mix. Oh wait... yes they do.. But that is the problem..

Ya I guess better you keep her of RME too or she might read this...

Last edited:

britney

Queen of Chit!!
SUCKS FOR YOU!!!

All I can say is if you can somehow get her to enjoy it, your whole world will change.
Maybe we should arrange a special bring the wives trail run where we can all meet. Most woman love to socialize, and meeting others with the same problem(4x4 hubby's) just might help them enjoy it more.
I know I have a much better time on the trail when there are other ladies to talk to.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Man, my wife rules... Sorry you dudes have wives that don't enjoy wheel'n. :( Chicky does a great job of filming the comps, and she's a great driver too! A couple years ago she booted me out and drove all of Rusty Nail while I walked. My sister-in-law-to-be is the only person other than me to ever roll my rig (I think...), and she loved every minute of it.

footin fool

Ya I tried taken her down with the wifes. It just made her hate it even more. She wont drive and gets car sick. :-\ I gyess it will just have to be me and my son, or my alone time.

Johnny4X4

my wife

my wife is new to the idea, she is cautious about me going, but i do agree that we need to schedule a wife and kids run, somewhere easy on the kids(i gotsa 5 month old) then she could meet and talk to the other wives and get an idea of what the other women think.

that crack about -- what goes on after the run-- almost made her blow a gasket, and she slapped my leg and pointed at me-- i said-- woah-- it wasnt me.

ha ha ha :rofl: