Kids Archery Gear

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Anyone have any archery stuff sitting around that their kids don't use anymore? Something good for a 4 & 7y/o to practice in the backyard.

I think my girls would like this and I'd love for them to get into shooting sports, and figure this is a fun one that can be enjoyed in the backyard.

Whatcha got? Or, any recommendations are welcome.

Seven

Just a suggestion but look up homemade pvc bows. Me and my kids have made some in past. Easy and cheap to make. I think we used 1 inch pipe and paracord. We then put a screw in for arrow holder and smoothed flat. Then buy some cheap arrows of Amazon or ebay. Expect lost and broken arrow with new shooters. Backstops are easy to make. My favorite home made are cardboard boxes filled with old unwanted clothes. With kids bows you could probably get away with filling flat tv box with clothes for a large and somewhat portable target. If they enjoy it then for me the perfect time to upgrade is around December or January when walmart(if your walmart Carrie's archery stuff) starts clearanceing out archery. At least by me their bows and arrows can be had for close to 50% or more off. 2 years ago I pickup a 20lb kids compound that originally sold for 50 for 12 bucks.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Houndoc

I will just second your idea of starting them out.
Yesterday my 20 year old daughter had been out shooting her bow for awhile before inviting me to join her.

ID Bronco

My kids like it. When we slaughter chickens, my son uses his bow to dispatch them. I got a couple of sets at Big 5 for about $40 each. My older kids have nicer bows but they can hunt with those so they are much more advanced. Do it, they will probably love it.