Know of a good, honest mechanic in SLC area???

Jate

Speed beats up Sparky.
I am looking for a good mechanic in the SLC area. I have several vehicles - Range Rover, Power Stroke Excursion and 77 Bronco. Thanks!

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
Jate said:
I am looking for a good mechanic in the SLC area. I have several vehicles - Range Rover, Power Stroke Excursion and 77 Bronco. Thanks!
I'm not sure how much work they do on deisels, but My friends at Plowgian Auto Repair are some great guys.

(801) 467-2854
1357 E 3300 S

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
Larry's car care in WVC. Sounds rinky dink, but it isn't. When I can't fix my stuff I go there. tell em I sent ya... you'll be on the buddie list.

Jate

Speed beats up Sparky.
Range Rovers

andy d said:
what kind of range rover is it? I work at land rover A F, maybe we can work something out.
I actually have two - 95 LWB (I am going to sell this one.) and a 98 4.6 HSE. I would be interested in talking with you.

Jay5.9L

...I just filled the cup.
I have a great one but its out my way in Draper. Also tell me about your 77 EB. Ever thought about selling it? :suka:

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
good, honest mechanic= oxymoron :D
some mechanics are great for their friends but very bad for other people just so you know.

Andy

aka. Hollywood
xj_punk said:
good, honest mechanic= oxymoron :D
some mechanics are great for their friends but very bad for other people just so you know.

Now that's a low blow you might have just made more enemies than you can afford. :mad: Don't you ever stereotype mechanics! A$$hat!!!!

Andy

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Andy said:
Now that's a low blow you might have just made more enemies than you can afford. :mad: Don't you ever stereotype mechanics! A$$hat!!!!

Andy

hey i posted a smilie after the statement... backoff :D
there is a big difference between mechanics and fabbers usually.
this is all based on personal experience

cheapzuk

The smilie doesn't mean ****!! Some of the most honest people that I know and have met are mechanics and contractors. These type of people have to actually work for there money and most understand what it is like to be taken advantage of. So, before you start stereotyping I would meet a large group of mechanics then make you assumptions. That is like saying everybody that is into fourwheeling doesn't care about the environment because some dumbass made there "own" trail.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I've always gone to Dennis at All Terrain Auto. Now that he is part of Mepco, it hurts a little going there. I may find a new guy.

Cody

Cody said:
I've always gone to Dennis at All Terrain Auto. Now that he is part of Mepco, it hurts a little going there. I may find a new guy.

Cody

Yup, good ol' Papa wood's always been good to me. That's where I take the "XXX white lightning" to get serviced.

Jate

Speed beats up Sparky.
Jay5.9L said:
I have a great one but its out my way in Draper. Also tell me about your 77 EB. Ever thought about selling it? :suka:

Not selling the Bronco, it is up at Mt. Logan getting a complete rework - 4 link suspension, rock ram, front and rear 31 spline Ford 9" with detroits, disk brakes all the way around, new dash with all new auto meter gauges, full custom cage, front and rear pre-runner bumpers, 35" BFGs, Magnum winch, holley projection, headers. I think that is about it. Can't tell I am excited to get it back can you??? What rig do drive?

Andy

aka. Hollywood
Jate said:
Not selling the Bronco, it is up at Mt. Logan getting a complete rework - 4 link suspension, rock ram, front and rear 31 spline Ford 9" with detroits, disk brakes all the way around, new dash with all new auto meter gauges, full custom cage, front and rear pre-runner bumpers, 35" BFGs, Magnum winch, holley projection, headers. I think that is about it. Can't tell I am excited to get it back can you??? What rig do drive?

So your is the really clean blue one? Nice, I am jealous I need to get a Bronco back on the road.

Andy

kirk86CJ

Cody said:

Cody

I have the exact opinion. Dennis was always real good to me also while at all terain, but I don't like going through Mepco.
I think I could have talked him into passing my "mud flap challenged" jeep if he was in the old shop - no dice at Mepco. - but the the fact that my jeep wasn't legal was my fault, not his.