KSL Story

Jeep_people

I thought I would ask who else was unhappy with the way EJS was represented tonight on KSL when they were showing the werock comp while talking about people tearing down trees and private property signs. I know that kind of stuff happens down there but to talk about it while showing a perfectly legal comp really pissed me off. I gave them a call and hope you all do too.

ace

Parts Collector
KSL always takes the liberal editorial position on issues whether it's taxes, recreation, whatever.

Shut up and conform!!!

R

rockdog

I was totally pissed. Told my wife what the hell, they show a comp. Then call it ejs. Then Dick Norse says ( I just don't know about doing that to those pretty rocks.) :mad2: Thats just total bulls#$#t.

DToy

I have to agree with the above comments. I too saw the story and could not believe how one-sided, biased, and eco-nazi charged it was. The footage did not match anything related to the Jeep Safari. My gut reaction was that some Moab resident with a hidden agenda called KSL and made those claims, and KSL was too lazy or irresponsible to fully investigate the story before reporting it. Everyone needs to send an email to KSL via the link above and voice your concern about the story. It really gave all of us that enjoy this sport a bad rap. Here's the email that I sent to the General Manager:

"I was extremely disappointed about the story that KSL aired last evening on the 10:00 news about the Easter Jeep Safari. The story mentioned that local residents in Moab, Utah were unhappy because recreationalists in the area for the Jeep Safari were reportedly driving over trees, breaking down fences and signs, and ignoring "No Trespassing" signs. All of these claims were made in the story while footage of a rockcrawling competition was shown, which has nothing to do with Moab, and which was a legal event in a legal, non-posted area.

I feel that the claims that KSL made in the story were not investigated thoroughly. I saw no actual footage from Moab. I saw no interviews or direct quotes from any local Moab residents. If this activity is in fact going on, then show something that actually supports your claim. I recently moved back to Salt Lake after living in Moab for close to a year. I am an avid rock crawler, and I got to know many of the local residents of Moab. It was very evident from living there that there are some residents that just plain do not like anyone that recreates in or on a motorized vehicle, period. My impression of the story that was aired last night was that a few of these individuals possibly called the news station to complain about the Jeep Safari. Based on this limited, one-sided information KSL chose to air a one-sided opinion of the annual event without even bothering to send a reporter to investigate the story or show actual footage of the areas of reported damage. I would like to see some of the local business owners be interviewed on their opinion of the Jeep Safari. How about interviewing some of the many, many rock crawlers who are in Moab primarily to self-police the event and assist law enforcement in enforcing the laws and regulations. I have watched KSL for as long as I can remember, and I was very disappointed at the one-sided, opinion-based story that was aired last evening about the Jeep Safari. The least you could do would be to send a reporter to Moab to cover the other side of the story. Your prompt response and attention to this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Darrell Fordham"

GET INVOLVED AND VOICE YOUR OPINION!!!!!

footin fool

I sent my email :( :mad: . I cant beleive they gave us all a bad name with out any investigation. We have to be so careful, this shows how we dont evan have to say anything to look bad. :mad2: :mad2: stupid KSL I wont be watching there news anymore.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Just sent my email...

Excerpts:
Wow, you sunk to the next level with the Moab Easter Jeep Safari story that appeared last night. Full of mis-truths and overall bad investigative journalism....

...RR4W is the club that actually hosts the EJS, they go out of their way to leave the trails better than they find them.

...Poor judgement on your part. I think an apology relating to the story is in order. Until then I assume all future news from your station as half true...

gksspot

cruiseroutfit said:
Just sent my email...

Excerpts:
Wow, you sunk to the next level with the Moab Easter Jeep Safari story that appeared last night. Full of mis-truths and overall bad investigative journalism....

...RR4W is the club that actually hosts the EJS, they go out of their way to leave the trails better than they find them.

...Poor judgement on your part. I think an apology relating to the story is in order. Until then I assume all future news from your station as half true...

Thats awesome!!! :rofl:

email sent too

81Ramchargerman

skylinerider said:
Sent one also. I didn't spell check so I probably sound illiterate. :D

Don't worry, they don't know what they are talking about, so I highly doubt they are gonna think you are illiterate. Hmm...illiterate, I wonder if they know what that means??? :rofl:

grinch

inner city redneck
Just sent this email myself...
I would like to complain about your misrepresentaion of EJS and legal rock crawling competitions. They are not the same thing and should not be combined to make the sport look bad. I am sorry your limmited views on a subject will mislead the genral public on such an issue. This is why for the most part I will not watch your biasd news casts anymore...
Thankyou for your time
Bryan.