Labor Day Moab?

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
dabears said:
does any one know what the cheapest hotel is down there?
Not sure about the cheapest, but I've stayed at either Best Western and been real happy. In the early days, I stayed at the Holiday Inn a few times and was not impressed at all.

treepolice

9AM at McDonald's Moab on 9/2/06.

Good hotels in Moab- I have had good luck with La Quinta. I don't know what would be considered cheap, but there are quite a few lower cost hotels up and down the strip, primarily on the north side of town. There are also alot of public and private campgrounds close to Moab as well. BLM and FS land is free to camp on.

ZUKEYPR

http://www.moab-utah.com

most of the hotels costs quite a bit this time of year until November when they drop to as low as $35.00 a night. When I take the wife we stay at the Big Lodge Inn, but beware that if you get the Southern wing everytime a tractor trailer rolls down main (which nearly constant) the room shakes as if your in a 6.0 earthquake. Some of the better campgrounds would be Slickrock (lots of shade but on the very outskirts of town, Packcreek (same deal, just on the opposite end), and Canyonland Campgrounds (right dab smack in the middle of town, completely shaded, pool, clean restroom and showers, back side is to Grand County High School so it's really quite.

ut4x4Bronco

BigHunkenBronco
I am paying $20 a night for a cheap run down RV campground not far from town. I have a truck camper so I can get away with cheap. I would like to pay less but my truck/camper + 16 foot trailer is about as big as an RV and I dont want to drive around exploring the Moab country side with my trailer. The $5 BLM camp grounds will be all full this weekend also.

dabears

May be next year
ended up with the last room at adventure inn for $65 a night. anyone going down saturday morning? the wife can't get friday off and she doesn't want to drive down at nite, it would end up being after 10p.m.. i'm hoping to hit the road by 7 a.m.

ZUKEYPR

dabears said:
ended up with the last room at adventure inn for $65 a night. anyone going down saturday morning? the wife can't get friday off and she doesn't want to drive down at nite, it would end up being after 10p.m.. i'm hoping to hit the road by 7 a.m.

We have two or three club members heading down Saturday morning, but morelike 3:00 am to 4:00 am so they can make a Saturday run with everyone else.

Anyone heading down Mid Morning Friday that wants to caravan down?

ZUKEYPR

94rodeo said:
Sounds like fun. Jeff are we going to run Metal Masher on Saturday?

Don't know, I figured I'd meet and great at McD's and go from there. It would be the best suitable trail for Shannon though, being when I ran it in the Passport last time I only had to put it in 4x4 on that one spot in the middle of Mirror gultch, of course that was not running rock chucker that you walked up and didn't even spin a tire (unbelievable) and we didn't run Widowmaker that time. Get her trained up on that then let her freak on some high narrow shelf somewhere.........the only trail that is definitely on my agenda is at some point or another that weekend I'm running Elephant Hill. I wouldn't mind running Wipeout Hill either the way they do at the Jeep Safari because if I remember correcting it doesn't go through that section of 7 mile rim that has that huge piece of slickrock that tilted real bad. I hate the spot more than any. Your monster would definitely have issues. I can't remember the route though because I ran that back when I had my Ranger, that was over a decade ago and I haven't been in the North section since. I've been eyeballing a few other trail combos as well.