Labor Day weekend- Proving Grounds, Helldorados

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Saturday we ran the Helldorados & Lower Proving Grounds, and Monday we ran Pritchett and Upper Proving Grounds. (There was no way my truck would survive Upper Proving Grounds, so I parked it in favor of spotting and picture-taking duty.)

Proving Grounds pics first!-

Chris Holley in his '69 Bronco.......1st Obstacle on Upper.

Attachments

• chris1.jpg
    chris1.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 443

Greg

Admin
First Obstacle on Upper Proving Grounds........You HAVE to give it the throttle if you even want to think about getting up this!

Notice all 4 spinning tires! :eek:

Attachments

• chris2.jpg
    chris2.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 448

Greg

Admin
Von in the RockLogic4x4 Toyota-

What you can't see from this angle is the HUGE hole and difficult turn that has to be made while in the hole!! I believe this the 3rd major Obstacle.

Mike_Lib

Mall Crawlin'
It's pictures like these that make me feel like a poser :(

....other than that the pics are awesome!

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Hey, check me out! Thanks for the pics, Greg! (got any more?) So, could you guys see the smoke from Salt Lake?

Greg

Admin
Originally posted by RockMonkey
Hey, check me out! Thanks for the pics, Greg! (got any more?) So, could you guys see the smoke from Salt Lake?

I have a bunch of pics that turned out crappy! These were the only good ones of your rig, sorry! (I need a good Digi-cam.)

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
That stuff just looks really steep. Even with the fact that pictures don't really do anything justice. That is just crazy.

Great pics. :eek:

Greg

Admin
The Helldorado's-

Lower Helldorado had puddles of water from a storm that rolled thru the day before! There was 18" of water in some spots, it was too cool!! We blasted thru Lower in about 20 minutes and took just less than a 1.5 hrs on Upper Helldorado. The following pics are from Upper Helldorado.....

Heres the entrance-

Attachments

• mytoy1.jpg
    mytoy1.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 1,699