Labor Day weekend- Proving Grounds, Helldorados

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Flex shot! The 37's were rubbing on my fender in the front and my bumper in the rear. Time for some cutting and the flatbed! I have to say that 37's are kickass! I rarely got diffed-up and the tires were always fighting for any possible traction, :D.

Attachments

• mytoy4.jpg
    mytoy4.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 2,011

Greg

Admin
Chris hooked up a Snatch Block (thanks for letting me borrow it, Ryan!) and winched me out.-

Attachments

• mytoy5winch1.jpg
    mytoy5winch1.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 1,037

Greg

Admin
Over all, it was a incredible trip! The weather was great, the wheelin was insane and the crowds weren't too bad. I drove pretty conservatively, since I was running stock Brifs, a Lockright and the 37's. My carb was running like Poo, so that sucked. I guess the motor is letting me know it really wants the EFI on it!

I didn't get many pics from Pritchett, that was a early & quick trip, we had to meet up for Proving Grounds! We were in and out ASAP, by turning around at Rocker Knocker.

Someone left a Busted Birf at Rocker Knocker. I picked it up along with a bunch of other trash Chris, KC and I collected on the way. People need to be more mindful of their trash!!

Ryan

Shweet. Looks like you guys had fun. Hey Greg, uhhh...when I get that snatch block back from ya, I aaa, I, I'm gonna need my 37's back too, mkay?!?:mad:

I actually felt regret and anxiety stir up inside me to some degree when I got to the pics of your truck, LOL. Oh well, at least they're seeing some good use:cool:

Mike_Lib

Mall Crawlin'
Hey Greg,

Your rig looks sweet on the 37's. It looks like they stuff pretty well despite the rubbing you mentioned. What width wheels are you running on them? How did they feel on the drive down to Moab?

Oh yeah....and why did you guys turn around at Rocker Knocker? Rock Pile is the best part of Pritchett :D Did you have any problems on Rocker Knocker?

Greg

Admin
Originally posted by Ryan
Shweet. Looks like you guys had fun. Hey Greg, uhhh...when I get that snatch block back from ya, I aaa, I, I'm gonna need my 37's back too, mkay?!?:mad:

I actually felt regret and anxiety stir up inside me to some degree when I got to the pics of your truck, LOL. Oh well, at least they're seeing some good use:cool:

I'll drop the Snatch Block off tomorrow afternoon (I work tonight), and as for the tires.......ummmmmm........yeah, right! :p They're MINE!

Greg

Admin
Originally posted by Mike_Lib
Hey Greg,

Your rig looks sweet on the 37's. It looks like they stuff pretty well despite the rubbing you mentioned. What width wheels are you running on them? How did they feel on the drive down to Moab?

Oh yeah....and why did you guys turn around at Rocker Knocker? Rock Pile is the best part of Pritchett :D Did you have any problems on Rocker Knocker?

Thanks for the complement. When the tires were just mounted, they looked out of place on my truck. I think I've finally gotten used to them on it, they're right at home now.

I'm running 8" wheels, the tires look great for that narrow of a wheel. They drive very well, too. There's a noticiable diffrence between 37's and 35's in my acceleration and top speed, but what's new with a 22R pushing 37's?!

Besides the power issue, 37" MT/R's are very driveable on the street. I think it has less vibes compared to the somewhat-worn 35's.

We turned around at Rocker Knocker because we were meeting up with a bunch of UROC rigs to run Proving Grounds at 9:00am. The plan was to get in as much of Pritchett as possible, but still make Proving Grounds. I tried Rocker Knocker a handful of times, to no avail. Because of the time constraint, I didn't want to break, so I avoided throttle, which is the key to Rocker Knocker. Next time, I'll have Super Birfs and EFI, Rocker Knocker will be mine!

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Bah, throttle's not necessary on Rocker Knocker. You just have to take the right line, which looks and feels like the WRONG line. If you get in the right spot, throttle is your enemy--slow crawling, and you're up before you know it. (but not before you think you'll roll to the driver's side, off the ledges)

WayneXJ

grocery getter driver
Originally posted by I Lean
Bah, throttle's not necessary on Rocker Knocker. You just have to take the right line, which looks and feels like the WRONG line. If you get in the right spot, throttle is your enemy--slow crawling, and you're up before you know it. (but not before you think you'll roll to the driver's side, off the ledges)

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<like this

Mike_Lib

Mall Crawlin'
Originally posted by I Lean

I'm sure it all boils down to driving style, but I prefer a super slow crawl for rockerknocker (taking the right line that feels wrong). I save the gas for the Rockpile! ....and I have a serious score to settle with 'the pile' next time! (I had to strap:()

Terrible Paulsy

100% Evil Conservative
The pics look great Greg! And it sounds like you guys had lots of fun. Sorry I couldn't make it this time. Good thing I stayed home and did absolutly NOTHING this weekend......AAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Next time you invite me to Moab, and I say I can't go and mumble something about the Wife.....just come shoot me. Or shoot her, and take me with you he he. :D

Greg

Admin
Originally posted by Terrible Paulsy
The pics look great Greg! And it sounds like you guys had lots of fun. Sorry I couldn't make it this time. Good thing I stayed home and did absolutly NOTHING this weekend......AAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Next time you invite me to Moab, and I say I can't go and mumble something about the Wife.....just come shoot me. Or shoot her, and take me with you he he. :D

Yeah..... you missed out! Sell that truck and get a real rig!

Oh, and I think I'll pass on the shooting thing, thats not legal, is it? :confused:

demon jeep

Banned
AAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!! Must have rocks need rocks blablabla.
Sorry withdraw from rocks and mountains those sweeeeet pictures sent me into a spell after my trip to the great flat Illinois.
Man it is so flat out there :eek: no like. ya you heard me rusty bronco, but is was pritty. Want to go to moab and brake some thing IM about do