Labor Day weekend- Proving Grounds, Helldorados

Ryan

If you get your vehicle in there and decide you can't do it without more damage than you would like, you can always back out. There's an out just before that tight spot. Chris is about 79" or 80" sidewall to sidewall in that pic, and I've ran it at 82 1/2" sidewall to sidewall. If I remember right, I think I've done it without hitting my cage on anything(stock width FJ40 body). A full top might be a different story though;)

ZUK

Hello all. mostly just lurk here but seeing all those cool pics of greg's of Upper Heldorado brought back memories......for a short while it was called Snapshaft....also, I think it was either 95 or 96 that this trail was actually born....Joel Randall was the first to put rubber on it(name sound familar?). He said that there was no way my Sami would make it so I made it thru with no scars. Although I notice nobody goes thru the Squeeze like we used to...actually was easier and didn't have to worry about the front diff hanging up bad....we stayed way to the right and up high on the rock....just made that right hand turn all the way around the rock....this kept us mostly clear of the left vertical ledge. The right front tire remained on the rock....effectively straddling the crack. I also took my 91 YJ thru it...of course, it was modded a bit....also, we put the windshield down just for the squeeze.

Last edited: