Larry Miller Jeep Automall

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
erstanl said:
Hello, anyone here have a good experience with this place? Better yet, do we have any Jeep techs from this place on the board?

There's a great guy named Josh down there at the parts counter. Other than that, I don't know anybody.

Bart

Never bought a car there, but JOSH IS THE MAN. If you go there you should at least stop by and say hey.

Caleb

Yeah, Josh kicks ass...I've been screwed twice buying a car from them though (mind you Josh is in parts so not by him).

my4thjeep

I bought my last 2 jeeps there. Their customer service has been top notch. The sale aspect has been a little more difficult. I had to haggle on everything (prices seem to be full retail and then dicker) instead of making a fair offer and getting the deal done. Their interest rates offered were supposedly through Chrysler Financial and were not competetive like they had been in the past. I ended up getting financing through a local credit union and saved 2.5% in interest rate.

In the last 13 years I have purchased 6 jeeps. My best experiences have been at Doug Smith in American Fork. I have purchased 3 vehicles through them. The last one persuaded me to try someone else. The salesman didn't want to find the vehicle I wanted even though I told him that LHM had the jeep I wanted and he just needed to trade for it and he was a PITA. I had to do all the leg work. Thus LHM got the next sale. My sales man was great and did above and beyond for me. The Finance Guy was the guy who wanted me to pay premiums. They have been mostly good other than the haggling part. Service and warranty have been top notch. They have exceeded my expectations on 5 trips for warranty and service work on my two current jeeps.

erstanl

The reason I ask is that I have taken my jeep to get service three times, and they haven't done anything. First time around, I complained about my door lock on the driver-side. Something is just not right in there. Second, I took it in becuase it sounded like my distributor had a duck caught in there, and the third time becuase I am now getting this loud knocking noise from the driver-side rear. Everytime I go there they always come back with 'could not duplicate', and the problems just keep racking up, with no resolution. On the knocking issue, the service advisor told me that they re-torqued the rear axle linkage and that it cleared the problem. Then on the invoice it said the tech tightened the swaybar, but was unable to reproduce the problem.

Have you guys had any luck at other Jeep service centers? Something is wrong when you purchase a warranty, have problems, and then are unable to use it. My jeep has only 13k on it. My last rig I racked up 98k without an issue, (that I didnt cause :) ).

Caleb

erstanl said:
The reason I ask is that I have taken my jeep to get service three times, and they haven't done anything. First time around, I complained about my door lock on the driver-side. Something is just not right in there. Second, I took it in becuase it sounded like my distributor had a duck caught in there, and the third time becuase I am now getting this loud knocking noise from the driver-side rear. Everytime I go there they always come back with 'could not duplicate', and the problems just keep racking up, with no resolution. On the knocking issue, the service advisor told me that they re-torqued the rear axle linkage and that it cleared the problem. Then on the invoice it said the tech tightened the swaybar, but was unable to reproduce the problem.

Have you guys had any luck at other Jeep service centers? Something is wrong when you purchase a warranty, have problems, and then are unable to use it. My jeep has only 13k on it. My last rig I racked up 98k without an issue, (that I didnt cause :) ).

I had similar issues with their service dept. My 2001 Cherokee wouldn't start sometimes (just sit there and crank) and my power door locks would sit there and go off on their own...both times they said they couldn;t reproduce the problem...took the jeep down to Diambrosio on State adn they (both times) found the problem right away and fixed it. You do know if its the factory warantee you can take it to ANY jeep dealership right??? I only tried them cause at the time I was living closer to them, I won't use them again. Also, my last jeep puchase (an 05 Grand Limited) was through Diambrosio and I must say that I was VERY happy with them. I have purchased quite a few vehicles (especially for only being 25) and I must say that Diambrosio service was second to none.

erstanl

Yeah, I have been taking it there becuase it is close. I actually bought it in Bountiful. Maybe I will try Ambrosio. Any else have input?

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Bought my last two new cars there. Got good deals on both of them. I financed through America First to avoid getting screwed by the finance department. The tech there let my brand new Dodge diesel roll off the lift and destroy my drivers door while it was in for an oil change (I got 15 free oil changes with my truck purchase). I actually had to fight them to get them to replace my door. :rolleyes: If you need dealership Chrysler parts though, Josh is THE MAN. :)

Jay5.9L

...I just filled the cup.
Bought my 5.9L from LHM Dodge and my wife's Forester from LHM Subaru.

I got an awsome sales guy at the Dodge place named Randy, he now works in finance. Other than the normal haggling process it a good exp.

The subarau place was so-so and we walked out the first night. After some phone calls they droped 2 grand from the asking price and we bought it.

As for service I've always been happy with the work. The prices on the other hand are just short of anal rape.