Laws

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Here are the laws as they apply to Utah (Page 6 of handbook):

LIFTED OR LOWERED VEHICLES
Lifted Vehicles:
1) Check that fenders cover full width of tire.
2) Check for mudflaps. (Must cover full width and top 50% of tire.)
3) Check frame height. (Based on Gross Vehicle Weight Rating, GVWR)4) Check for body lift.
5) Check for stacked blocks.
6) Check for modification of brake hoses.
7) Check headlight aim and vertical height. (Maximum headlight height is 54” to center of the bulb.)

;)

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
74highboy said:
i havent taken the class yet i am next week but i would of passed it as long as it was some what safe to drive

No sweat... good luck in the class. Let us know where you work in the future, so we know where a "4x4 Friendly Inspector" is. (Not asking for illegal inspection, rather just KNOW the actual laws) :D

74highboy

well i started at a diffrent tunex monday,tuesday,friday,saturday ill be at the kearns tunex 5300 south 23rd west or somthing like that and wednesday,thursday ill be at the west vally tunex on 3406 south redwood just ask for jayden

chevtech

Seasoned Mall Cruiser
74highboy said:
well i just went to a diffrent shop but i still work at the tunex on 3406 south redwoodroad on wednesday and thursday

Does Frank Larsen still own that joint? Used to work there about ten years ago.....

wipedawg

i work at a big o tires... and honestly as long as you've got most of the tire covered with flares and flaps you will get passed. Some places are way more into inspection than others, but i've never once seen my mechanic at my shop pull out the tape measure to measure the frame clearance.