Leaving rigs in Moab/st George storage

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
The answer is obvious. Sell the International and build another crawler. Keep one in St George and one in Moab, and you're set. :)

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Mind grenade!
Or sell the international and get two tow rigs that get 6 mpg, 4 that get 12 mpg etc etc etc hahaha

zukijames

The answer is obvious. Sell the International and build another crawler. Keep one in St George and one in Moab, and you're set. :)

I have one and my girlfriend has one.

we have a tow rig a d trailer that will pull 1 and get about 14 mpg

or we have a tow rig that will pull both and get 3 mpg.

the school busses with this motor averaged 3 mpg city and 4 highway I'd imagine with trailer and both rigs we will be pulling about 12000 lbs

D

Deleted member 12904

It literally gets 3 mpg? Is that even possible?

My old 99 v10 superduty got 3 mpg towing 30' toyhauler to wendover once. We had a head wind but it was crazy. Had to pull over on the freeway and fill up with the toy gas cans because the 24 gallon tank didnt make it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

zukijames

My old 99 v10 superduty got 3 mpg towing 30' toyhauler to wendover once. We had a head wind but it was crazy. Had to pull over on the freeway and fill up with the toy gas cans because the 24 gallon tank didnt make it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

If we can afford to feel it up it will hold plenty of fuel 2 50 gallon tanks ( only 90 gal useable)

zukijames

Time to get a pair of quads, a 2 seat razor, or a stock rubicon. His and her crawlers is just never going to be cheap and convenient to make work.

Lol yeah maybe leave 1 in st George 1 in Moab , have my landrover on 33s locked in the rear for anything here , dirt bikes for in between? And next summer leave crawlers in Idaho and go hit falling? Rock and stuff

popafink

I have a storage yard in Moab if anyone want to rent a space. It is out doors and the owner of the land lives on site.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
3-5 mpg is very possible. That is what those big motorhomes get when they tow a trailer. They can blow through $1000/day in those things.

Gah, that makes me sick thinking about it.

It's no fun having your rig stored hours away when you need to work on it.

zukijames

Yeah looks like we will try the Moab thing for awhile at some point and just hope we never need to work on them ;)

or if we do we can bring one back on a trailer with the cummins

Chevycrew

Different tow rig! sell what you have and buy a medium or hd diesel. The price won't be much different and you can easily double your mileage.