Leaving Utax

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
I really enjoyed when I lived in Evanston Wyoming. There was no income tax and the property and sales tax are both almost half of utah. The only draw back was the snow storms in June/July. but I love snow so wasn't a bad thing for me. The people there took care of each other and were friendly. population was 12K when I lived there and it wasn't to far away from the big cities of Ogden/SLC.

My other place would be West Yellowstone Montana.

Bart

Been to Kingman a couple of times on bikes and the area looks great. Loved that ride over the mountain pass into Havasu. When is this going to take place and how did that become your destination?

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
Been to Kingman a couple of times on bikes and the area looks great. Loved that ride over the mountain pass into Havasu. When is this going to take place and how did that become your destination?

The weather and the smallish town feel was the deciding factors. Not to mention, clean air will be a nice change. Kingman has a good hospital (yes, my daughter and her family will be moving as well) and all of life's necessities like Sam's, Walmart, etc.

We'll likely break ground early next year, and use it more as a vacation home for a year or so. Like you, I've ridden through the area several times, as well as explored the mountain area in the Jeep. The area is pretty awesome, but I expect it will lose the small town feel soon enough because it's getting a good reputation as a great retirement area.

sixstringsteve

Sounds like a really cool place. Best of luck to you. I've been thinking a lot about (if) and where I want to settle down one day. I'm definitely a west coast guy; I could never do the east coast.