let's hope its true

Badger

I am the Brute squad
Ya but your is also tucked up a bit and not as visible as a solid axle. Since I can clearly see the bottom of the pumpkin chances are it's not the IFS front end.

Badger

I am the Brute squad
Lets get real here. Jeep went to shit some time ago. I mean come on a minivan motor in a jeep. They had a hard enough time getting out of their own way so why not put an even more under powered motor in it.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I think I would actually consider one as well--assuming it didn't use that 3.7 motor that sucks almost as bad as the 4.0 did/does.

Silly Willy

I think I would actually consider one as well--assuming it didn't use that 3.7 motor that sucks almost as bad as the 4.0 did/does.
You have to give the 4.0 some credit. it defiantly has power with minor modification, and has been proven with general maintenance can last well into the 400,000-600,000 mile range. Yeah there were some years that did better and defiantly were built better. I know I could drive across the country and not have a single problem. just last year i went from salt lake to phoenix and back 4 times with no problems at all, and still can burn my 33" tires

No its no V8 but it does the job... Pretty well...

Badger

I am the Brute squad
Don't get us wrong..... the 4.0 is an alright motor but in all reality it could have been a bit better as far as power goes. I know they went to the crappy powerless 3.7 for better gas mileage but they had their heads up their asses putting it in any Jeep. I would rather have more power and better torque of a straight 6 to get it up to speed and cruise easier then having a weak anemic V6 motor that struggles to get you up to highway speeds.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
of course this one is a solid axle, just like that nukizer prototype it is based on a jk. they even said the nukizer front sheetmetal could be swapped for jk sheetmetal in about 40 minutes. i don't know that this deal will ever come to fruitition but whatever i don't have that kind of $$$ anyways.

there are also rumors of jeep/dodge making a smaller unibody truck in the latest jp or one of the other mags. something about the dakota being so big now that there is once again a niche in the market for something like the comanche. i know there are a ton of unibody haters on here (and for good reason) but i think it has potential to be sick regardless... imagine a patriot with a bed :D

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
The pics in that link show the JK front suspension and solid axle (but with aluminum control arms) and the 2.8 CRD motor. So all this talk about the 3.7 can go right out the window. :) (too bad we'll never see it....)

Jared

Formerly DeadEye J
... all this talk about the 3.7 can go right out the window...

I suppose that's because the JK uses a 3.8? The 3.7 is in the Liberty and base model Dodge Dakota/Ram trucks.

I've owned both of those V6's.... and the 3.7 feels faster and uses A LOT less fuel!

Jared

Bart

That rig with a Hemi and 60s would rock. I think the only way you'll see one is to build one. Hmmmmmm?!?!?!

Houndoc

Lets get real here. Jeep went to shit some time ago. I mean come on a minivan motor in a jeep. They had a hard enough time getting out of their own way so why not put an even more under powered motor in it.

Thank your overbearing federal government for the focus on MPG vs real usibility in a vehicle.

As far as the IFS, and 'car like' Jeeps, I think we need to realize that no company can survive by selling cars to off-road users. There are not that many of us out there, and how many buy new anyway?

If it takes a boat load of Liberty, Patriot etc type Jeeps being sold to keep them in business, then I'm 100% behind it! (I actually lean towards a Patriot when I get around to buying a DD just for that reason.)

On the truck concept, if they really do put the diesel in it, that would be totally cool. But I won't hold my breath.