Lets see the BRAINS of RME

way2nosty

troutbum said:
agreed , it does no tmatter how much air trvels through the engine if there is no air traveling over the wing...
are you saying will fly or won't fly --- we've covered this already beat the horse some more.

BioNuke1

Jeepsus Chrystler
ok now what if a rocket is skipping upstream over the moving water of a moonriver with the fat chick pedaling the treadmill winching the rocket backwards, will the rocket escape the moons gravity before the fat chick burns 10,000 calories?

PS, she's being distracted by a loud arabic ice cream man the whole while

Last edited:
BioNuke1 said:
ok now what if a rocket is skipping upstream over the moving water of a moonriver with the fat chick pedaling the treadmill winching the rocket backwards, will the rocket escape the moons gravity before the fat chick burns 10,000 calories?

PS, she's being distracted by a loud arabic ice cream man the whole while

ahahahahahaha... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Fester

cruiseroutfit said:
PS, I just ran this past a room full of ME students, Prof. Drake is drawing a free-body diagram as I type... He's convinced it flies! :D

:eek: free-body diagram flashbacks.

OCNORB

Supporting Member
Only way it would fly is if it was one of these or some other VTOL type plane.

Attachments

• 4540115 Harrier Hover.jpg
    4540115 Harrier Hover.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 3

way2nosty

I was having flashbacks earlier today about anonymous hash of anonymous hash of anonymous hashes . That was a Trip.

OCNORB

Supporting Member
I have not seen it proven, except by false logic. A wing is an air foil. In the cicumstances described no air is moving across the wing to give it lift. I f you still believe it will you need to patent this idea and sell it to the Navy so they can quit buying VTOL and using a cable to accelerate their wings up to speed that will give them lift.

JoeT

From Mythbusters:
Linky
46 pages and 12,530 hits! :eek:
Don't forget to look for postings by Adam (aka "mistersavage"), Jamie (aka "jamiehyneman"), Kari (aka "karibyron"), Grant ("grantimahara") and executive producer Peter Rees (aka "theproducer").

way2nosty

OCNORB said:
I have not seen it proven, except by false logic. A wing is an air foil. In the cicumstances described no air is moving across the wing to give it lift. I f you still believe it will you need to patent this idea and sell it to the Navy so they can quit buying VTOL and using a cable to accelerate their wings up to speed that will give them lift.

Here's the flaw in your logic, "no air is moving across the wing to give it lift" the source of the Thrust is pushing agains the AIR behind it, which means that it will push forward regardless of what the wheels do. it could be 400 miles an hour it wouldn't matter, it will still move the plane, The reason that the navy couldn't use it is because the airplane would still take of normally and require the same length of runway, the runway would just be moving under the tires. I took the position you are taking for quite some time this afternoon, I finally asked an engineer friend of mine who set me strait.

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
I was just going to say the same thing. There is nothing keep the wheels in a stationary point on the belt. If the wheels were driven, then yes, the plan would not move. But they aren't. The jet/prop is what moves the plane and there is no belt holding them in place.