Let's talk Chicken.. The pets, not the food..

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
We left it baited for 3 days without setting traps. The rats loved it.
Tonight, they’ve been active for less than an hour, and we’ve got 3 rats and 1 mouse

D03F272CB1E0_1711251516.jpeg

The screws have turned out to be good, as all 3 of the rats struggled for a bit trying to get out.

Last edited:

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I got one more last night, and saw 1 other in the cameras. So far tonight, no rats at all. I know there were more than what I've killed. I don't know if I think they got smart and aren't coming around, or if removing the easy food from the chicken feeder made them move along.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I got one more last night, and saw 1 other in the cameras. So far tonight, no rats at all. I know there were more than what I've killed. I don't know if I think they got smart and aren't coming around, or if removing the easy food from the chicken feeder made them move along.
Stay vigilant

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
2 mega rats showed up last night. 1 light colored, 1 dark colored. The light one I knew was wise to the game from the beginning. It poked its head into my kill box once or twice and newer returned. The dark one was a surprise, as I haven’t seen a dark one that big yet.
They both went straight for the real chicken feed and didn’t even acknowledge the kill box.

They will have to become the first members of the .22 club.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
@N-Smooth called up and was like ‘hey, be-rough!’ And it surprised me because I thought he was asking for sinful things.. but then I realized he meant B-rough, like opposite of smooth.
So he says ‘do you want some garbage?’ And I was like ‘nah, I’m cool.’

Then a couple weeks later I was like ‘hey, you still got that garbage?’ And he was like ‘yeah, and even more’ so I was like ‘I’ll come get it’

My chicken fencing didn’t hold up to the snow and wind over the winter,

IMG_6096.jpeg

So I used some of the wood tree posts from Nate to make it more secure,

IMG_6100.jpeg

Then I added another 2ft of fence above the 4ft because the stupid chicken were jumping over it before also.

IMG_6101.jpeg

I’ve still got a few things to do to get it buttoned up, but much better over all.

However, the rats are still here. Just the 2 huge rats. And they don’t come at a consistent time, so it’s hard to hunt them. They have just straight tunneled from the farmers field all the way into my coop. It’s like 20ft.

IMG_6098.jpeg

Last edited:

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I was definitely asking for sinful things, duh! I’m glad my HOA’s tree posts served you well haha