Lift recommendations

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Originally posted by MudSideJeeps
Jeremy your awsome:cool
ah shucks, I think What he was saying, is the type of sway bar makes a difference. the Jungle gym runs two sway bars with no dissconnects, and he has done some okay cool stuff with them hooked up(I don't know about any curb jumping though)

Jeeper1979

I have had my swaybar disconected ever since I got my TJ and I have not ever noticed anything wrong and I drive it every day but if I wasnt so lazy and hooked them up somday maybe it would work better, maybe I will try it (NAAAA)

Moon

Originally posted by Jeeper1979
I have had my swaybar disconected ever since I got my TJ and I have not ever noticed anything wrong and I drive it every day but if I wasnt so lazy and hooked them up somday maybe it would work better, maybe I will try it (NAAAA)

The new type of disconnects I got from tera flex are way easy to hook up i'll have to take a pick and show ya. it is so much better than the old ones

sukaB

Banned
Yaaahhh-uuummmm
Someday after all the wasted money.......
Once my son, the art of the flexing ramp jeep is figured out the qd's shall be used properly.....
Until then the money shall keep being pissed away...
Some people choose to learn the hard way..oh well
the jungle gym sticks well to the ground when I swing it hard....

Moon

That is right I don't know much about ramp jeep and definately don't know what qd's is. That is why I'm here father teach me. Send all this wisdom you have, I humbly await.

sukaB

Banned
May the force be with you my son.........
see yah on the trails or in my back yard hangin on the gym...
Yaaahhhoooooo

ewander

So how much does the Curries "stay connected all the time" sway bar johny joint system run for these days?

My little brother just disconnects his sway bar on his CJ with a wrench....pretty cheap, and way cheaper than putting fancy smancy stay connected all the time currie type set up.

I did buy the teraflex disconnects, because every body knows I can't turn a wrench worth shi# I might actually get my hands dirty...and I can't do that:D

redrock

i owned my 88 wrangler for 6 years. i broke the factory sway arms in moab trying to get them off. and as you all now the people in moab are the best people on earth when it comes to 4 wheeling. allways willing to help give you anything you ever need. i was new to the sport and they all old me it will be a little tippy, but you'll get use to wouldn't even waste your money. so i say if you don't like feeling tippy then buy them, if you don't care don't. to me the cj never had them so you don't need them

T

Toby

I've had the Tera disconnects on my TJ for a few years. Takes about 60 seconds to switch from connected to disco'd and back.

Tippy is OK around town, but problematic on the freeway.

Although my boy pulled is sways on his YJ awhile back. With the leafs, I never even notice it when I drive it. I'd just be careful running without sways on coils on the freeway.

sukaB

Banned
Currie antirocks from me are $275

If you have coils and they are not running a fulltime sway bar then your jeep is not working the way it it's designed to work for stability, and maximum traction offroad.

Disconnects are there to make the lift you buy ramp better..
......SWEET..

P

pokeyYJ

Yah sway bars are overrated on leaf sprung vehicles, for that matter track bars are overrated on leaf sprung vehicles, like mine.:D

But on the TJ's pulling the sway bars make a huge difference in on-road handling. You definatley feel the body roll on the TJ's w/o sway bars, and having to swerve to avoid something on the freeway with out sway bars might be disasterous.

Moon

Originally posted by sukaB
Currie antirocks from me are $275

If you have coils and they are not running a fulltime sway bar then your jeep is not working the way it it's designed to work for stability, and maximum traction offroad.

Disconnects are there to make the lift you buy ramp better..
......SWEET..

I hope your not taking me wrong I'm serious teach me. If I understand you right it is beter to leave the sway bars on when I'm off=road for traction and stability? Or in other words is I want more proformance off road then come to you for my lift and you will set it up for less and it will proforme better. I'm not being smart or anything. I want through all 600 or so of your posts last night, saw your jeep and all (its nice) you really do know what your talking about. but you come off sounding like fool some times. Or maby we fools just don't understand the profesional rock crawlers lingo. You da man teach me.

sukaB

Banned
I try to be nice but it sucks.....
I'm also not on this website nor are i supposed to be...

My friends usually refer to me as dickhead but all is fine as long as it upset's others.
No,
disco sway bars are not able to run offroad connected you would have to run a fulltime designed swaybar like a currie.
Nascar's run sway bar's to keep the car tub level with the chassis to in turn acheive more traction! same thing we do..or need.
Better traction
If the rig is side hilling and the tub is trying to fall down the hill because the sway's ar disco'd then youve lost traction on your up hill tires......

All view's expressed by Suka B and so forth are my opinions
not yours....GET YOUR OWN
these are also not necessarily the views of RME or their affiliates.
Nor are these views sane,common,nice,polite, or frail...
Cry me a river....
:(

Moon

I'm also not on this website nor are i supposed to be...

:(

What?????????:confused:
I'm just having fun like you. Mellow out. Lets make fun of Jeremy, I thought he was cool but I'm reconcidering. I just pick out the people that would be the most fun to give/recive **** to/from. Game on ;) :D :rolleyes: :eek:

P

pokeyYJ

Suka, help I am confussed? I was under the impression that disconnecting the sway bar was better. With the factory sway bars the flex is way limited and when you need it the flex is not there making the vehicle tippy. If you add disco's then the suspension can move more freely and the vehicle performs better offroad. I understand that this applies to factory style swaybars and not aftermarket ones like Currie.

Please help me understand how leaving the swaybar on could help a vehicle like mine, 95 YJ 4" lift springs, no track bars, no swaybars. Without the extra flex I would not be able to take my open diffed Jeep through the places that I do now.

redrock

rule of thumb what works for you might not work for the guy next door you can't do what everybody doing just because it works for them you do what feels right to you

Moon

Suka was saying that factory sway is not good. But no sway at all is also bad. the curie stay conect or what ever still puts presure on the up hill tire when the other tire on the same axel is down hill causing body role with out sway. for example ever see the design of the scorpion or those other buggies by avalance eng. there isn't asway bar to say it is solid design if one goes up the other is forced down to keep the body level and weight on all four. right suka:)

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin

All view's expressed by Suka B and so forth are my opinions
not yours....GET YOUR OWN
these are also not necessarily the views of RME or their affiliates.
Nor are these views sane, common, nice, polite, or frail...

Bwahahahahahahaha!!! I'm glad we got that straight!! :p

sukaB

Banned
leaf's are completely different than coils.
Exactly....See how rigs were moving around before on the trail and now their more stable and perform alot better....
My buggie has to run two fulltime sway bars to perform at it best...
If you take one of them off then you'll lose a whole bunch of stability and traction.
Once your around coils and learn about them and how they perform you'll understand why this is.....
TJ's work great with the factory sway bar disconnected but if you drive one with a fulltime front and the stock light duty rear you will notice a difference in your driving style offroad and how much more comfortable the jeep feels underneath your bottom..
Plus the way it hooks up traction and side hill ability's.