Lighten the mood

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
XDZEdN5.jpg

AWA1Cbx.jpg

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
True Story:

I'm at Napa yesterday returning a wrong part. I'm in line, 6 feet away from Cute Little Girl standing in line in front of me. Eventually it was her turn to talk to Napa Guy. I overheard the beginning of their conversation.

CLG: "Hi, I need help getting a light bulb for the back of my car."
NG: "OK, let's walk out there and look at it."

Together they walk out of the store. It was then my turn so I walk up to the counter and talk to another NG next to where they were. I'm getting my return taken care of when they walk back in. The conversation continues.

NG: "...Yes, I'm sure we'll have that bulb. What year did you say it was?"
CLG: "2010."
NG: "And it was a Corolla right?"
CLG: "Yes."
NG: "1.8 liter or 2.4 liter?" (These numbers my not be the actual numbers he said. I don't remember. You get the idea.)

(Seemingly long pause.)

CLG: "Do you know what that is in gallons?"

(Another seemingly long pause)

NG: "Uhhh..........no."
CLG: "Well I usually put about 12 gallons in it."

I grabbed my receipt, turned around and left, counting myself blessed to have gotten to hear that little conversation. I wonder how it ended?

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
True Story:

I'm at Napa yesterday returning a wrong part. I'm in line, 6 feet away from Cute Little Girl standing in line in front of me. Eventually it was her turn to talk to Napa Guy. I overheard the beginning of their conversation.

Together they walk out of the store. It was then my turn so I walk up to the counter and talk to another NG next to where they were. I'm getting my return taken care of when they walk back in. The conversation continues.

NG: "1.8 liter or 2.4 liter?" (These numbers my not be the actual numbers he said. I don't remember. You get the idea.)

(Seemingly long pause.)

I grabbed my receipt, turned around and left, counting myself blessed to have gotten to hear that little conversation. I wonder how it ended?

I used to work with this cute blonde gal, she drove a Mitsubishi Eclipse. One day we were chatting and started talking about cars. She was holding her own with the conversation so I asked her if her car had a turbo (some Eclipses did) and she responds without missing a beat.... 'Sometimes!'

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
True Story:

(Seemingly long pause.)

My Dad works at O'Reilly and he has many stories like this. You'd be surprised about how many are men in there 40's-50's who have no idea how to change their own windshield wiper or even know what "make and model" means.

Noahfecks

El Destructo!
True Story:

(Seemingly long pause.)

So who was the dumb one in that conversation? The girl went to the parts counter and asked for help, she may have asked some dumb questions but at least she knew she needed help. But the counter guy, he looked at the car. I wont claim to know what bulb goes into every vehicle made but I have yet to have one that had different bulbs based on the displacement of the engine.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
So true. I always hate it when they ask engine size for items like a light bulb. I always tell them just to pick one. If that throws them off I know I’m in trouble.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
True Story:

(Seemingly long pause.)

One time I was feeling lazy and asked the guy at the Autozone counter to look up a brake light bulb for me. "Front or rear?" he asked.