Lighten the mood

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Avocado goes real good on a BLT, and a fresh one with Taijin and lime juice is nice.

They're such a PITA though that I normally don't bother.

Uh, no. NOTHING goes good with an avocado. An avocado doesn't go good with anything. I firmly believe everything on the earth is here for a reason. Avocado is in the same class as mosquito's. Why are they here?

Think of the poor bacon paired up with that waxy avocado paste shit. Have a heart man!

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Uh, no. NOTHING goes good with an avocado. An avocado doesn't go good with anything. I firmly believe everything on the earth is here for a reason. Avocado is in the same class as mosquito's. Why are they here?

Think of the poor bacon paired up with that waxy avocado paste shit. Have a heart man!
Avocado's are delicious! Man, nothing better than home made guacamole with some tortilla chips. Or some fresh sliced avocado on a BLTA or a club sandwich. Dice them up in a fresh garden salad. Delicious!

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Avocado goes real good on a BLT, and a fresh one with Taijin and lime juice is nice.

They're such a PITA though that I normally don't bother.

Avocado's are delicious! Man, nothing better than home made guacamole with some tortilla chips. Or some fresh sliced avocado on a BLTA or a club sandwich. Dice them up in a fresh garden salad. Delicious!

I can see Stephen having a man bun, but didn’t picture one under Kevin’s hat.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Avocados not only have a weird texture but also a weird taste. That’s failing on 2/2 of the requirements for consumption in case you’re not keeping track…

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
I can see Stephen having a man bun, but didn’t picture one under Kevin’s hat.
Not enough hair for that nonsense, sorry.

Avocados not only have a weird texture but also a weird taste. That’s failing on 2/2 of the requirements for consumption in case you’re not keeping track…
I've always been curious if people who hate the texture of an avocado also hate banana's? The texture is almost identical.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Unless your smashing it into guac or some other sort of sauce, a good avocado should be pretty firm and easy to slice. If you've been eating mushy avocado's, then I think you're doing it wrong and that could explain things.
Tell you what guys, next summer we'll have an RME BBQ and I'll grill up some grade-A burgers and throw some bacon, garden fresh tomato's, and avocado's on top and you can judge then! Deal? :D

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Not enough hair for that nonsense, sorry.

I've always been curious if people who hate the texture of an avocado also hate banana's? The texture is almost identical.
I wouldn't say identical. I cannot abide a banana because of the texture.

Tell you what guys, next summer we'll have an RME BBQ and I'll grill up some grade-A burgers and throw some bacon, garden fresh tomato's, and avocado's on top and you can judge then! Deal? :D

I will judge the shit out of that.

Reactions: DAA

mbryson

Supporting Member
Unless your smashing it into guac or some other sort of sauce, a good avocado should be pretty firm and easy to slice. If you've been eating mushy avocado's, then I think you're doing it wrong and that could explain things.

Next you'll be trying peddle sushi to me as well? I'm cool with the BBQ (in fact it's a great idea) but don't go pushing your raw fish, seaweed and avocado on me. I'm old enough to know avocado isn't for me.

Commonly consumed things I can't/won't eat (since this thread is now WAY derailed )

Avocado (doesn't matter how it is)
Peanut butter
Mint anything (this includes toothpaste)
Cream cheese
Cottage cheese (it looks like something I won't mention--might taste fine, dunno-cause a memory smell reflex and ill leave it at that)

Not all inclusive of things I won't put in my mouth but a good start

mbryson

Supporting Member
My 10 year old still calls mint toothpaste "spicy" and I mock him for it. I thought he'd grow out of it eventually but I guess that's not guaranteed :rofl:

I used to like mint (and peanut butter). Maybe I had an issue when I was pregnant or something?

nlm:nlmuid-101438175-img

Last edited: