Lighten the mood

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Next you'll be trying peddle sushi to me as well? I'm cool with the BBQ (in fact it's a great idea) but don't go pushing your raw fish, seaweed and avocado on me. I'm old enough to know avocado isn't for me.

Commonly consumed things I can't/won't eat (since this thread is now WAY derailed )

Peanut butter
Cream cheese
I wish I hadn't read this. Anyone who doesn't like cream cheese is too alien a lifeform to befriend.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Next you'll be trying peddle sushi to me as well? I'm cool with the BBQ (in fact it's a great idea) but don't go pushing your raw fish, seaweed and avocado on me. I'm old enough to know avocado isn't for me.

Commonly consumed things I can't/won't eat (since this thread is now WAY derailed )

Avocado (doesn't matter how it is)
Peanut butter
Mint anything (this includes toothpaste)
Cream cheese
Cottage cheese (it looks like something I won't mention--might taste fine, dunno-cause a memory smell reflex and ill leave it at that)

Not all inclusive of things I won't put in my mouth but a good start
You don't like sushi!?! Man, you're like Mr. Burns in the Simpson's who refuses to eat donuts because they're "ethnic"!

So what flavor of Ensure are you partial too, old man? :D

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
I wish I hadn't read this. Anyone who doesn't like cream cheese is too alien a lifeform to befriend.

It's the peanut butter for me.

0*-UiyvfbBu2tRpXI5

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member

I did work on a dairy farm from 12-19 yrs old (farm I worked on from 14-19 had about 225-275 milking cows depending on the time of year). I know more about bovine lactation and such than I should. I'll leave the cream cheese and cottage cheese alone and not ruin it for all. Eat away

Unless you have a peanut allergy, not liking peanut butter is down right un-American! Next thing he'll tell us is he hates apple pie and baseball!
I always though Marc had a bit of a russky accent...

I PLAYED baseball (kind of a requirement in Cache County when I grew up) and actually like it. Apple pie is one of my favorite vehicles to deliver whipped cream on. I really can't stand the smell of actual peanut butter. I used to eat a whole celery with peanut butter. No idea why I don't do peanut butter. I'll even do peanuts (as long as I don't hold them in my mouth long enough to get the "buttery" taste).

You don't like sushi!?! Man, you're like Mr. Burns in the Simpson's who refuses to eat donuts because they're "ethnic"!

So what flavor of Ensure are you partial too, old man? :D

What's Ensure? Is that an adult diaper or something? (I haven't needed those yet) ED treatment? (haven't needed that yet either) Donuts sit in my belly like a rock so I rarely eat those as well. I do enjoy the bagel so it's not an "ethnic" thing

I actually seem to have an "allergy" to bell peppers (they create a very undesirable reaction) or even other peppers. I've never liked bell peppers but like spicy salsa and such. I'm sure it's not really an allergy but maybe? I just avoid peppers and it works for me.

02SE

Avocado (doesn't matter how it is)
Peanut butter
Mint anything (this includes toothpaste)
Cream cheese
Cottage cheese (it looks like something I won't mention--might taste fine, dunno-cause a memory smell reflex and ill leave it at that)

Not all inclusive of things I won't put in my mouth but a good start

I never have and never will like avocados. However, everything else on your list I like.

Peanut butter is eaten rarely, but once in awhile make a PB@J sandwich.
Fernwood's chocolate mints at Christmas time are mandatory. Girl Scout Thin Mints are my favorite GS cookie.
Cream Cheese on a Bagel almost every day for breakfast.
Cottage Cheese is a key ingredient in my favorite Lasagna.

As for Ensure, it's a protein drink. It was just about the only thing my dad could tolerate without becoming nauseated due to Chemo, the last six months of his life.

Last edited:

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
I did work on a dairy farm from 12-19 yrs old (farm I worked on from 14-19 had about 225-275 milking cows depending on the time of year). I know more about bovine lactation and such than I should. I'll leave the cream cheese and cottage cheese alone and not ruin it for all. Eat away

I PLAYED baseball (kind of a requirement in Cache County when I grew up) and actually like it. Apple pie is one of my favorite vehicles to deliver whipped cream on. I really can't stand the smell of actual peanut butter. I used to eat a whole celery with peanut butter. No idea why I don't do peanut butter. I'll even do peanuts (as long as I don't hold them in my mouth long enough to get the "buttery" taste).

What's Ensure? Is that an adult diaper or something? (I haven't needed those yet) ED treatment? (haven't needed that yet either) Donuts sit in my belly like a rock so I rarely eat those as well. I do enjoy the bagel so it's not an "ethnic" thing

I actually seem to have an "allergy" to bell peppers (they create a very undesirable reaction) or even other peppers. I've never liked bell peppers but like spicy salsa and such. I'm sure it's not really an allergy but maybe? I just avoid peppers and it works for me.
Как насчет Боршта и Пирочки? Немного боршта, за которым последовал маленький водке, товарищ?

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Как насчет Боршта и Пирочки? Немного боршта, за которым последовал маленький водке, товарищ?

Вы говорите по-русски или просто знаю как Google Translate?

Да, я знаю русский. Сейчас очень мало. Три года в колледже двадцать лет назад!
Somebody broke RME. PUT IT BACK!!!

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I don't want to lose friends or trigger anyone. But I very much like avocados, bananas, cream cheese and sushi - and sashimi too.

Cottage cheese is fine. But it will never be considered a legit ingredient for any lasagna that I serve.

- DAA
We will break bread together. Maybe it’s a Rose Park thing?

On a side note, savory fried plantains are awesome.