Lighten the mood

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member

There are TONS of labor jobs available. I think I saw we get a $1k signing bonus for new hires. I'd imagine it pays $500 for 3 months and $500 for 6 months service but I think we used to pay $300? I don't think the bacon plant is alone in having a worker shortage. I think we are down 75+ workers between both shifts? I'm curious to see what happens a few weeks after the extra $300 falls off for unemployment benefits?

JeeperG

There are TONS of labor jobs available. I think I saw we get a $1k signing bonus for new hires. I'd imagine it pays $500 for 3 months and $500 for 6 months service but I think we used to pay $300? I don't think the bacon plant is alone in having a worker shortage. I think we are down 75+ workers between both shifts? I'm curious to see what happens a few weeks after the extra $300 falls off for unemployment benefits?
Yup, same here at utility, we went from being told we where getting laid off last year to everyone being moved to day shift now back on two shifts, mandatory overtime, lots and lots of orders coming in, very understaffed. Also ransomware hit the company, have had zero phones, computers and such for about 3 weeks, I heard it'll be July before they completely get everything rebuilt and back up. I'm personally doing a multiple person job alone almost every day, moral is pretty bad.