Lighten the mood

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I’m months out for scheduling work for my side hustle as a handyman. I can charge what I want, and people are waiting in line. I focus on smaller projects, mostly rental property repairs.
my brother focuses on larger items, custom decks, fancy bathroom remodels, etc. He is not accepting any more work for the year.
There is Soooooooooo much labor work available.
When I was in school we were told computers were the future. I think the pendulum has swung to far, people can’t even change their own light bulbs now. Manual Laborers can make really good money.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
When I was in school we were told computers were the future. I think the pendulum has swung to far, people can’t even change their own light bulbs now.
When I was getting new tires put on the Jeep last month a guy in his 30's walked into the tire shop and wanted his air pressure checked on his car. That's all he wanted. It was a late model Ford Explorer. I thought that was strange, as it's something I learned to do on my bike at 5 years old.

RockChucker

When I was getting new tires put on the Jeep last month a guy in his 30's walked into the tire shop and wanted his air pressure checked on his car. That's all he wanted. It was a late model Ford Explorer. I thought that was strange, as it's something I learned to do on my bike at 5 years old.
was that at discount? it blows my mind how much "free" labor discount gives away for air pressure checks and tire rotations. and he was probably in there because he got an email saying it was time to have his air pressure checked. mind boggling how disconnected people are from everyday simple tasks that 20-30 years ago wouldn't have even been a thing. Or maybe I'm wrong and discount has been doing pressure checks for that long....

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
was that at discount? it blows my mind how much "free" labor discount gives away for air pressure checks and tire rotations. and he was probably in there because he got an email saying it was time to have his air pressure checked. mind boggling how disconnected people are from everyday simple tasks that 20-30 years ago wouldn't have even been a thing. Or maybe I'm wrong and discount has been doing pressure checks for that long....
It was Big O.

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
That "free" labor gets customers in the door, the free comes with all kinds of opportunities.
Did you know you've got a screw in your tire?
Did you know they aren't wearing evenly?
Did you know they are bald?
We'll sell you a new set and get you on your way, Discount doesn't do alignments, so they will be back sooner.

RockChucker

That "free" labor gets customers in the door, the free comes with all kinds of opportunities.
Did you know you've got a screw in your tire?
Did you know they aren't wearing evenly?
Did you know they are bald?
We'll sell you a new set and get you on your way, Discount doesn't do alignments, so they will be back sooner.
Totally agree with that....same as all the little services jiffy lube offers with windshield wipers and a plethora of other things.