Locker and gear install shops

6.2Diesel

So I did my searching and it seemed like six states was the place to go to get my dana 60 built. Took the actually axle down there with parts to be installed, there price from their store for a Detroit was 200 bones more than most places I've seen so I opted to grab that myself as well. It seems like I've read at least 20 threads from different websites about taking a locker in and having it put in. I got a call that the big wigs decided it was a liability issue so they won't do it now. I'm also assuming they arnt happy about not making 200+ dollars on a locker on top of their install price. So I went back and picked up my axle/ parts and my driveshaft that needed some updating to 1350s. I'm amazed. I've seen six states at jeep safari, I guess us 4x4 guys have to go somewhere else if they arnt going to accept the "liability" of the offroad community. So where do I go now???

UFAB

Well I guess established shops have overhead to pay and they are tight on time. Sometimes installing a new carrier and gears can take a whole day.

Putting a locker in a D30 with 37 inch tires. Almost everyone wants a warranty these days.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Where are you located?

there are several guys around I would use to do what you need. Basically it would come done to convenience and location.

Utah county- Ufab or just for fun
salt lake county- Ilean
davis county- team Fred (the other Carl :))

6.2Diesel

I'm in ogden, but I'll travel to get a good installation. As far as the overhead comment, I told them I had no problem paying a little extra for labor so I could have the brands that I wanted in my axle. They were focused on the liability end of it. I feel like a dana 60 and 38's with a gutless 6,2 diesel wouldn't be considered a wild build buy any means. I just found it interesting that a drivetrain shop would decline a paying customer. I am mostly interested in getting the thing done right the first time and not sitting at moab outpost during jeep safari waiting to get something fixed.

UFAB

From experience, the only Six States diff setup shop I would go to is in Orem. Kevin and his brother have been there for almost 30 years. Those guys have seen more than the average wheeler. I actually send them most jobs with gears, because they send me the more custom stuff.

Like others noted. Application and location reflect convenience.

trail ridge offroad is in ogden.

Last edited:

Marsh99

Lover of all things Toyota
Im from ogden too. The ogden six state is a joke. I have given up on them to do anything. I have always used Carl and had great experience.

6.2Diesel

alrighty then, waiting for the new diff cover to come in the mail and then I can get this baby back on track. Thanks guys.