Lookin at buyin a house

Tiny

mmmm.....beefy!!!
So, I'm almost 21 and I decided that its time to get out of Mom's house. I don't want to rent cuz I live at home for free and can't see throwing away all that money. I have a couple G's to throw down on a down payment, can I find something halfway decent for that or am I wasting my time?

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
Tiny said:
So, I'm almost 21 and I decided that its time to get out of Mom's house. I don't want to rent cuz I live at home for free and can't see throwing away all that money. I have a couple G's to throw down on a down payment, can I find something halfway decent for that or am I wasting my time?

Quote: Tiny (from Land Use Forum)
I think that idea kicks a$$, that would help make a lot more people join U4WDA, I know I'm going to as soon as I get my next paycheck, moneys been a little tight. I know, its sad but I really don't have $25 to spare

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

James K

NO, I'm always like this
Coreshot said:
Quote: Tiny (from Land Use Forum)
I think that idea kicks a$$, that would help make a lot more people join U4WDA, I know I'm going to as soon as I get my next paycheck, moneys been a little tight. I know, its sad but I really don't have $25 to spare

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

now come on, hes been saving his money to be a responsible adult. :D

Jeeptj98

Tiny said:

You can find a nice home for little to nothing down. Give me a call when you are serious about purchasing a home.

Caleb

I'll sell you my home for exactly what I owe, plus closing costs. You would then have instant equity. :D

I bought a home when I was 20 and ahve not regretted it once. Its nice to ahve a place thats your own. Its not cheap owning a home though. Whats your price range?

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
You probably should see what you can be approved for. I was aproved last year at 105 and after looking at the crap in the price range, I gave up. this year I got approved for a little more, but since I'm not willing to live on the west side I'm having a hard time finding something that isn't a **** hole.

Cody

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Nope, just an east side elitist ;)

It would be different if I had a family and stuff--then west jordan or harriman would be totally cool.

Cody

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
I just moved into my first house 2 weeks ago, 2542 sqft in Cottonwood Heights, not bad for 23 eh?

First step is to see what you can get approved for. Second step is to find something in your price range that you like. And go from there.

I'd recommend getting an agent, it won't cost you anything because the seller pays all the agent costs. We looked on our own for a while and had much more success once we had an agent. If you want i'll give the agents number we used, she did a really good job for us, taking us out looking for houses as late as 9 p.m. to accomodate our schedules.

Caleb

My best advice is do not buy more than you can really afford (and only you can decide what you can really afford). You can almost always get appoved one way or another, but it really sucks to be house poor.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
my dad does real estate. If you want help PM me and I can get you his contact info.

I'm worred about being house poor too. I'm looking at a condo on Redwood and like 36th south. It's only 90k so I think I could aford that for a year or two until I'm in a position to move into a nicer place thats less condolike.

Cody

Caleb

Cody said:
my dad does real estate. If you want help PM me and I can get you his contact info.

I'm worred about being house poor too. I'm looking at a condo on Redwood and like 36th south. It's only 90k so I think I could aford that for a year or two until I'm in a position to move into a nicer place thats less condolike.

Cody

IMO, I would skip the condos...I had a buddy that lived in some right about that same addy He was just off Redwood and about 3600...he had tons of problems with his neighbors (little mexico) and the resale sucked. He bought it new and just sold it about two years ago. He didn't hardly make anythng off it, and had it for sale for about a year and a half.