Lookin at buyin a house

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Cody said:
my dad does real estate. If you want help PM me and I can get you his contact info.

I'm worred about being house poor too. I'm looking at a condo on Redwood and like 36th south. It's only 90k so I think I could aford that for a year or two until I'm in a position to move into a nicer place thats less condolike.

Cody

They say if your going to buy only buy if you plan to stay atleast 5 years, if you stay for less than that you'll lose money. Average selling cost is something like 15% of the value.

Caleb

trd270 said:
They say if your going to buy only buy if you plan to stay atleast 5 years, if you stay for less than that you'll lose money. Average selling cost is something like 15% of the value.

I read that its 7 years, BUT at the same time my in-laws move every two-three years and they have never lost any money. Also, I am willing to bet Cody's selling costs will be much lower than that 15% number ;) (BTW, where did you hear 15%? usually seller pays realtor fees, 6%, and sometimes the closing costs...which are usually only a couple of percents. You can also work the deal that the buyers pay their fees you pay yours type of thing).

Tiny

mmmm.....beefy!!!
Coreshot said:
Quote: Tiny (from Land Use Forum)
I think that idea kicks a$$, that would help make a lot more people join U4WDA, I know I'm going to as soon as I get my next paycheck, moneys been a little tight. I know, its sad but I really don't have $25 to spare

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Your a duchebag, the least you could do is get in in the right forum. :rolleyes:

Tiny

mmmm.....beefy!!!
Thanks for all the input, I found a place for around 160 and she wants to carry the contract for 15 yrs. at 5% interest so we'll see how that works out

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
Tiny said:
Your a duchebag, the least you could do is get in in the right forum. :rolleyes:

I was pointing out you crying poverty over joining the U4, then, in the next breath saying you have a few grand laying around...and it's douchebag, douchebag. -_-

Caleb

Tiny said:
Thanks for all the input, I found a place for around 160 and she wants to carry the contract for 15 yrs. at 5% interest so we'll see how that works out

thats cool, but becareful with the owner financing...I have heard horror stories with people doing the owner financing.

BTW, My house would prolly be cheaper than that and its only a few years old :D (I gotta try atleast :rofl: )

MattL

Cody said:
You probably should see what you can be approved for. I was aproved last year at 105 and after looking at the crap in the price range, I gave up. this year I got approved for a little more, but since I'm not willing to live on the west side I'm having a hard time finding something that isn't a **** hole.

Cody

I was the same way. I found a nice home in a nice neighboor hood on the west side for cheaper than rent at a local apt. If you dont mind doing work on the house then even a hud home will be great. PM me if you want some details on my experience.

MattL

Cody said:
my dad does real estate. If you want help PM me and I can get you his contact info.

I'm worred about being house poor too. I'm looking at a condo on Redwood and like 36th south. It's only 90k so I think I could aford that for a year or two until I'm in a position to move into a nicer place thats less condolike.

Cody

Hmm condo.. Well for a wheeler this could be horrible as far as "junk" is concerned. Trialer, jeep could be condsidered junk. Check the rules to see what is allowed and what is not. HOA fees can be crazy too.

MattL

Supergper said:
thats cool, but becareful with the owner financing...I have heard horror stories with people doing the owner financing.

BTW, My house would prolly be cheaper than that and its only a few years old :D (I gotta try atleast :rofl: )

I will vouch for Caleb's house. It is a nice new house in a newer development. Check it!!!

Tiny

mmmm.....beefy!!!
Coreshot said:
I was pointing out you crying poverty over joining the U4, then, in the next breath saying you have a few grand laying around...and it's douchebag, douchebag. -_-

Oh my bad, I get it now, but that moneys been set aside for a reason, and its in a savings account and that doesn't come out, and don't knock my spelling, I did go to Bingham :-\

I honestly thought long and hard on how to spell that so I didn't screw it up :mad2:

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Supergper said:
I read that its 7 years, BUT at the same time my in-laws move every two-three years and they have never lost any money. Also, I am willing to bet Cody's selling costs will be much lower than that 15% number ;) (BTW, where did you hear 15%? usually seller pays realtor fees, 6%, and sometimes the closing costs...which are usually only a couple of percents. You can also work the deal that the buyers pay their fees you pay yours type of thing).

Maybe it was 10% not sure, their are other things like title insurance home warrenty's and things of that nature that add up pretty quick, our sellers had to buy us a new furnace as well.

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
Supergper said:
I'll sell you my home for exactly what I owe, plus closing costs. You would then have instant equity. :D

I bought a home when I was 20 and ahve not regretted it once. Its nice to ahve a place thats your own. Its not cheap owning a home though. Whats your price range?

Just out of curiousity, Caleb, what are the payments on your place? Not trying to hijack, I'm Tiny's uncle, just wondering about the numbers. How long have you been in the home? Is there RV parking? How many bedrooms, and is the basement finished? PM me if you want. Thanks.

Caleb

Coreshot said:
Just out of curiousity, Caleb, what are the payments on your place? Not trying to hijack, I'm Tiny's uncle, just wondering about the numbers. How long have you been in the home? Is there RV parking? How many bedrooms, and is the basement finished? PM me if you want. Thanks.

Pm'd ya...

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
miatre said:
Hmm condo.. Well for a wheeler this could be horrible as far as "junk" is concerned. Trialer, jeep could be condsidered junk. Check the rules to see what is allowed and what is not. HOA fees can be crazy too.

the two condo's I've been looking at have garage's for my junk and space for RV/Boat/trialer parking. The HOA fees are relatively low (about 100), but I figure it keeps me from having to do any yardwork and buying the necessary equipment....we'll see what happens.

Cody

utahxjer

Coreshot said:
LOL, :p

Tiny

mmmm.....beefy!!!
Coreshot said:

Just cuz your my uncle doesn't mean you can hijack my threads :p

Oh and did you get a surprise? How is it? Sorry I couldn't make it