Looking for a TH350/700r4/TH400 - NP208 adapter

JIMBOB

I just got a new TH350 for a YJ build I'm working on and I need to bolt my Dana 300 to it. I'm gonna try and save some cash by just using the 208 adapter with a Novak spud shaft. So if anyone has one kickin' around that they would be willling to sell or if you know someone that does let me know. I believe the stock adapters from a TH350/700r4/TH400 - NP208 will work.

It will look something like one of these. High foot or low foot doesn't matter to me.
208adapter1.jpgadapter_700r4np208_short_tall_01_S.jpg

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I may have one of those? Let me see what I have kicking around the garage. I think if I have one, it's for a 241. Is there a difference in the 208/241 adapter?

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
I have some too, I have 700R4 to 208, TH400 to NP205, and possibly TH400 to 241. The TH400 bolt pattern is different than the th350/700r4.

JIMBOB

Oh is the TH400 different? From what I understand you actually have to elongate one of the holes on the t-case flange in order to get it to bolt up but I haven't come across anything like that for the tranny side. One article that I read through said that you could use any of the three (TH350/TH400/700r4) adapters to either the 208 or the 241. So mbryson, if you have one for a 241 it sounds like it should work. Then again I have no actual experience with the TH400 as I am currently running a 700r4 in another rig and getting ready to install this 350 so you may be right DaveB, the TH400 bolt pattern may be different. But it sounds like you have a 700r4 to 208 that would probably work.

SWALLDOG

The top pic you posted is for a th400 trans. Notice the 6 bolt holes where it bolts to the trans. The bottom pic w the two adapters are for th350/700r4 trans. Notice the 4 mounting bolt holes. Good luck w your search.

Probably @ work under a truck, Tapatalk 2

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Oh is the TH400 different? From what I understand you actually have to elongate one of the holes on the t-case flange in order to get it to bolt up but I haven't come across anything like that for the tranny side. One article that I read through said that you could use any of the three (TH350/TH400/700r4) adapters to either the 208 or the 241. So mbryson, if you have one for a 241 it sounds like it should work. Then again I have no actual experience with the TH400 as I am currently running a 700r4 in another rig and getting ready to install this 350 so you may be right DaveB, the TH400 bolt pattern may be different. But it sounds like you have a 700r4 to 208 that would probably work.

Mine is off of a 700. From what I know the TH350/700 share the same 4 bolt trans pattern. I really don't know about the T400 but would expect it to be different for some reason. I think SwallDog is right on with his assessment

JIMBOB

Ah I see what you mean. They are different. I didn't even notice that before. Thanks SWALLDOG. Like I said I've never really had any experience with the 400 other than just whatever bs I've read on other forums and such. They are clearly different though.

JIMBOB

Yep that's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks a lot and free no less. Let me know if I can do anything to pay you back. I work in a machine shop and do a lot of fab work so if you ever need some work done hit me up.