Looking for Ideas!!! Spring and Summer camping

Smittyauto

I am looking for places in central and southern Utah to take the family, in my XJ and go camping. However I dont wanna just go camping, I want to have a 2,3,4 day trip with different camp spots each night, or 1 central camp spot that I can go and hit a hand full of different trails from. When it comes to the trail, I want a mixture of mild to wild. My XJ is built well and will handle the wild well. when it comes to camp sites, I wanna find places that I can have a few trees( or a lot of trees ), water( either river or lake ), maybe be able to catch some dinner, and some fun exploring for the family, I want to do this while avoiding the main roads. SO now its time to throw your ideas at me! I look forward to seeing what you guys come up with, and if you have pics that would be awesome. We are also open to going on a couple of trips with some good down to earth groups. That means no crazy people!!! And no drunks, we do drink, but we keep it to a few beers around the camp fire, not on the trail.....Hit me up.............Smitty

Attachments

• 333833_3099011365849_1581116382_2620369_347861019_o.jpg
    333833_3099011365849_1581116382_2620369_347861019_o.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 18

t5performance

Have you ever ran hole in the rock from the Bluff side back to wards the lake. We have done it a few times and it is pretty cool. We make it a 3 day 2 night trip, we set up a base camp then go from there. I have some pretty good gps cords and way points of the trail if you are interested

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Just spent this past weekend doing Hole in the Rock. It was an amazing trip and could have easily spent a week out there. Lots to explore on foot from different camp sites.

Edit: Keep an eye out on the trip reports section. There will be a really good report coming up in the next day or two.

Smittyauto

I am seriously considering doing Hole in the Rock this year. I will probably wait till the end of summer when it starts to cool down. I would like to find a few people that have done it before that would like to go down and do it with us.

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
We have a lot of fun down around the Boulder mountains: Burr trail with side hikes, Hole in the Rock west half, Tantalus flats road with side trips and hikes, lots of good fishing, Capital Reef, calf creek falls etc etc