Looking for opinions on a 'RockKrawler' Product

rockkrawler

I would like to get the general opinon on the RockKrawler 8.0 Jeep Grand Cherokee WJ kit. If anyone has it, please provide feedback!

What do you like about this kit?

What dis-likes have you noticed?

Any suggestions for improvement?

Added by Greg: Please keep this Thread on track with the information requested. If you don't have experience with this specific product, please don't post. Thanks!

nvrstuk

crap, i'm stuck...
WJ kit Rocks!

I put the rockkrawler lift on my wifes '99 WJ about eight months ago. She wanted a lift that would be able to keep up with my YJ in Moab and other trails we run with friends and family. We looked at the tera flex kit and even test drove a brand new WJ with the kit installed at the jeep dealership. The ride was all right on road, and with the tera flex name we thought we couldn't go wrong off road. That was until I talked with some buds who work at 4 wheel parts and they showed me 2 lifts that they had to take back from unhappy customers. So we decided to look elsewhere. When I saw the Rockkrawler ad in JP magazine, I about crapped my pants! 8" on a WJ, are you kidding me? The lift looked SICK and I couldn't get over the thought of clearing 35's with it. So I researched the kit and took the plunge. I loved the long arm set up, and I felt good when I recieved the actual kit and saw the quality of it.
So here we are 8 months after the install, and my wife still loves it. I gaurantee the lift will ride better on road than any other lift out there. with the QD's on, I experience hardly any body roll around sharp corners. There are no horrible squeeks and the lift is very quiet. Death wobble has not been an issue! I do recommend doing drivelines front and rear right away. We tried to keep the stock lines in for a while, and that didn't get us very far. The off road capabilities of the lift are insane. The WJ can hang with the best of them, and it even out wheels my cousins XJ with an 8" custom fabbed rear coil conversion/long arm system from tera flex.
I am extremely happy with our lift, especially because the Rockkrawler people have been so good to deal with. I know if anything should happen to my lift, that I wasn't happy with, they would take care of it no questions asked.
For the WJ, there isn't a better kit out there, hands down.
Nvrstuk--

Last edited:
If I remember right, Mike Lib had that on his WJ. Sounds like it does alright, I'm always wary of the RK product but in the case of the WJ it's either that or Tera and I would definitely stay clear of Tera, they've been trying to work the issues out but it's proven difficult and the ride deteriorates quickly.

Mike_Lib

Mall Crawlin'
crimsonride said:
If I remember right, Mike Lib had that on his WJ. Sounds like it does alright, I'm always wary of the RK product but in the case of the WJ it's either that or Tera and I would definitely stay clear of Tera, they've been trying to work the issues out but it's proven difficult and the ride deteriorates quickly.

Sorry, but no cigar :p

I had Claytons kit on my WJ and it was modified a bit. Claytons kit worked excellent.

No comment on the RockKrawler stuff :rofl:

tweakeyjeep

Soccer Mom
nvrstuk said:
I put the rockkrawler lift on my wifes '99 WJ about eight months ago. She wanted a lift that would be able to keep up with my YJ in Moab and other trails we run with friends and family. We looked at the tera flex kit and even test drove a brand new WJ with the kit installed at the jeep dealership. The ride was all right on road, and with the tera flex name we thought we couldn't go wrong off road. That was until I talked with some buds who work at 4 wheel parts and they showed me 2 lifts that they had to take back from unhappy customers. So we decided to look elsewhere. When I saw the Rockkrawler ad in JP magazine, I about crapped my pants! 8" on a WJ, are you kidding me? The lift looked SICK and I couldn't get over the thought of clearing 35's with it. So I researched the kit and took the plunge. I loved the long arm set up, and I felt good when I recieved the actual kit and saw the quality of it.
So here we are 8 months after the install, and my wife still loves it. I gaurantee the lift will ride better on road than any other lift out there. with the QD's on, I experience hardly any body roll around sharp corners. There are no horrible squeeks and the lift is very quiet. Death wobble has not been an issue! I do recommend doing drivelines front and rear right away. We tried to keep the stock lines in for a while, and that didn't get us very far. The off road capabilities of the lift are insane. The WJ can hang with the best of them, and it even out wheels my cousins XJ with an 8" custom fabbed rear coil conversion/long arm system from tera flex.
I am extremely happy with our lift, especially because the Rockkrawler people have been so good to deal with. I know if anything should happen to my lift, that I wasn't happy with, they would take care of it no questions asked.
For the WJ, there isn't a better kit out there, hands down.
Nvrstuk--

This WJ pulled me all the way through the B in Bountiful right after that huge snowstorm in December. This thing performs awesome. Everytime I have been with them I wanted to trade in my YJ for a WJ with the same lift. Not to mention the customer service they received from the Creasy's right after the lift got put on... That's another story. :D