Archived Looking for peeps to run Long Canyon on Monday, March 25

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I'm in and Monday is my day off so it works well. According to Dempsey my new ride should be here tomorrow or Wednesday :cool:

What's the specs on your order? Options? Color?

I'm not a JK only type guy either. "Old Guy" run would be appropriate though. I put a TeraFlex leveling kit on mine Friday and ran down to Moab for the weekend. Ran Onion Creek and Tusher Tunnels. Yup, I'm old. It was great to get down there though.

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
Isn't that trail rated an 11?

I heard you need 37s and front and rear lockers to even think about it.

Dude, you and mbrycson are both crazy to take such nice JK's down such a hardcore trail.

Never having even heard of this trail, I didn't recognize your sarcasm. I went out to Google some info about the trail, and now I get it. Ha, ha.

BTW: there is some good humor on tripadvisor.com about this trail. I don't know their exact criteria, but Trip Advisor rates this one Easy. A few of that site's users have posted their own reviews of this trail. Here's a real gem:

"Dangerous"
*oooo (rated one star out of five)

We took this road this afternoon, in my magnum rt awd 07. I just have to say this road is not good to drive. They should at least make it a dirt road. It is not good for your car. We took this road to go from Moab to Dead Horse Point, man did we make a wrong choice? I initially thought this was a dirtroad, 1/3 in you go through these steep curves, with stones and heavy gravel. Keep driving a little bit more and a soon as you go through that arch, man this becomes your worst night mare. It was only two of us, no reception and no one around for miles. We almost rolled over twice. Truly dangerous. They should work on this road to be at least safe for people...

I don't recommend this road at all. Suit your self.

Here is a photo looking out across the guy's hood:

the-arch.jpg

Last edited:

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
Not to sound like an old fart or anything, but that "Arch" wasn't even there the first few times I ran it. Oh, and it's a fallen tower you have to drive under, not an arch at all.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
What's the specs on your order? Options? Color?

I'm not a JK only type guy either. "Old Guy" run would be appropriate though. I put a TeraFlex leveling kit on mine Friday and ran down to Moab for the weekend. Ran Onion Creek and Tusher Tunnels. Yup, I'm old. It was great to get down there though.

'13 JKU Rubicon, not many options, just auto, 4:10's, tow package, connectivity group and heated seats :cool: Billet silver, body color top with black flares

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Never having even heard of this trail, I didn't recognize your sarcasm. I went out to Google some info about the trail, and now I get it. Ha, ha.

BTW: there is some good humor on tripadvisor.com about this trail. I don't know their exact criteria, but Trip Advisor rates this one Easy. A few of that site's users have posted their own reviews of this trail. Here's a real gem:

:rofl:

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Older than the rocks in Moab. That's old, BC.

That there is funnay :D

I've never done 95% of these scenic trails. I still like technical stuff, but there's nothing wrong with checking stuff out on a "fun" run vs. a technical run. I LOVE Onion Creek but the cool part is shut down. Stock YJ worthy but still awesome. Hoping to find some more of those

I did think people would be psyched to have my parents along so you could give me a hard time while I couldn't really retaliate appropriately :D This'll be the second time my mom has truly been "off-road" (however, this trail sounds like a snoozer as far as technical stuff---which I think will be good after having my mom on Poison Spider the day before--betting that'll freak her out a little?)

Last edited:

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Tusher Tunnels was neat and short. I'm all about the easy scenic trails these days. Next time I go down, I'll be doing Gemini Bridges and Long Canyon.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
'13 JKU Rubicon, not many options, just auto, 4:10's, tow package, connectivity group and heated seats :cool: Billet silver, body color top with black flares

Well at least you already know how capable they are out of the box. Congrats. I bet it looks good with the color match top and black flairs, color match everything is just too much for me.

camicaztoy

my wife and i ran the trail back at thanksgiving and really enjoyed ourselves. we started at potash road and traveled up hill, which i guess would be running it bacwards. then we went into canyonlands and ran shaefer trail back out. was a really fun day of easy wheeling, and since i had never been farther down potash than the entrance to spider, it was new road scenery too.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
I bet it looks good with the color match top and black flairs, color match everything is just too much for me.

x2 on that, originally I wanted the black top. Then I found a pic of one with the silver top with the black flares and loved it. Dempsey was trying to sell me an all silver one though :busted:

Your color also looks shweeet with color top, but I plan on spending most of the time with the top off anywho

Also big shout out to Dempsey (Turbominivan) for working with me and getting everything taken care of he even came in on his day off

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
x2 on that, originally I wanted the black top. Then I found a pic of one with the silver top with the black flares and loved it. Dempsey was trying to sell me an all silver one though

That's not entirely correct; I was merely letting you know what was on the ground and available at the lowest price. ;)

Placing a factory order is always an option, and one that I am quite fond of--the one time I bought a brand new Jeep, I placed an order of my own.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
FWIW I rode my bike all the way up long canyon and then to the top of Gemini bridges.

It was stupid.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
FWIW I rode my bike all the way up long canyon and then to the top of Gemini bridges.

It was stupid.

My mom and dad will be with me the day before for Poison Spider. Thought I'd give my mom a break. Not sure if they'll run Elephant Hill on Tues. with me or not? They check out of their motel that day. They seem pretty excited to hit Moab. We'll see how it goes? Thought something like Long Canyon would be good for my mom's blood pressure? :D