Looking to Hire Movers . . .

We will be moving from Saratoga Springs to Stansbury Park in the next few weeks. I'm looking for recommendations for moving companies - I've got good reports on Fast Movers and Muscle Movers from neighbors and friends. Does anyone have personal experience with either company, or any others they'd recommend?

Thanks,

Allan

Caleb

Fast Movers 100%. The owner is a member here (obviously a fellow wheeler) and is a good guy. They moved me on my last move and couldn't be happier, I'll use them again for sure when I move again.

rollover

Fast Movers 100%. The owner is a member here (obviously a fellow wheeler) and is a good guy. They moved me on my last move and couldn't be happier, I'll use them again for sure when I move again.

X2 great company.

Chris is EZ Rhino on here.

DevinB

I like traffic lights
After moving last week and hating every minute of it, I will heavily consider a moving company next time. Out of curiosity, what does it typically cost to have a moving company move you?

littlyota

Really depends on mileage. Usually $600 ish if close, then guess $1-$2 per mile for longer distance. Also several variables, you provide packing material, they provide packing material? They will charge about $1 extra per box if they supply them.

Caleb

After moving last week and hating every minute of it, I will heavily consider a moving company next time. Out of curiosity, what does it typically cost to have a moving company move you?

Yeah, it really depends. When I had Fast Movers move me, it was the number of guys I wanted that determined the cost (and mileage). We had packed everything once in to a storage unit...so they moved us from our storage unit to our garage in our new house. I think we had two or three guys and if I remember correctly (it was 8-10 years ago, so it's been a while :D) it was around $300-$400. The biggest difference is these guys are pros at moving so what took us all-day to move in to the storage unit and multiple big uhaul loads they did in only a couple hours and a single large truck load. They know how to pack to get the most things in the truck at once and can do it very quickly. When I had them move us, I was at work, my wife and her mom "supervised" and when I got home from work everything was done. It was the best moving day ever :D

Was wondering where you where. Moved my parents last month onto the island- first left when cross onto the island.

Yeah, I know where they live. I didn't make the connection that they were your parents, Drew! I've spent so much time with the youth in the ward that I don't consider myself an adult. I'll have to say hi!

DevinB

I like traffic lights
Really depends on mileage. Usually $600 ish if close, then guess $1-$2 per mile for longer distance. Also several variables, you provide packing material, they provide packing material? They will charge about $1 extra per box if they supply them.

Yeah, it really depends. When I had Fast Movers move me, it was the number of guys I wanted that determined the cost (and mileage). We had packed everything once in to a storage unit...so they moved us from our storage unit to our garage in our new house. I think we had two or three guys and if I remember correctly (it was 8-10 years ago, so it's been a while :D) it was around $300-$400. The biggest difference is these guys are pros at moving so what took us all-day to move in to the storage unit and multiple big uhaul loads they did in only a couple hours and a single large truck load. They know how to pack to get the most things in the truck at once and can do it very quickly. When I had them move us, I was at work, my wife and her mom "supervised" and when I got home from work everything was done. It was the best moving day ever :D

Not as bad as I thought it would be. I love the idea of walking away from the house for a few hours, then see everything dropped off at the new place.

Just a followup - we hired Fast Movers and they did a fantastic job. Everyone was fast and professional, and even though I had a few hiccups on my end, they were patient and helpful.

I would highly recommend them.

Allan

Caleb

Cost? Might be moving this summer...and I HATE moving! Lol!

Sent from my mystical handheld gizmo.

You'd be best to call and talk to Chris there. There's several factors that come in to play on the cost. The number of guys you use, the distance you're moving, etc. I will say it's probably cheaper than you would expect (still more than doing it yourself...but again, then you don't have to do it yourself :p )

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
You'd be best to call and talk to Chris there. There's several factors that come in to play on the cost. The number of guys you use, the distance you're moving, etc. I will say it's probably cheaper than you would expect (still more than doing it yourself...but again, then you don't have to do it yourself :p )

This. We moved about a half mile. I'm sure my quote would not compare. I will say that the piano mover quote I got was almost half the quote to move the rest. WELL worth the $ and time spent