Lost my Rubicon to my wife.

TheBigSgt

Rep Big Horn 4x4
For years alot of youhave seen me out with the Old RC bangin down trails, but the wife has said that she thought it was to big. She thought we should get something smaller. So 3 weeks ago I was at LHD where I work part time and was getting the oil changed on my Cummins. So I thought I would walk through the lot. So I'm waling around and I see this Jeep TJ. I think Kaki, nice color and a hard top. So I think, not a Rubi, walk around and it's a Rubi. Then I think, got be a stick. Nope, it's a Auto. So I think it's older and alot of miles, Nope, 33k on it and a 06.

So I go and see the Boss, and I ask what he is asking for it, he tells me and then I tell him it would be for me. Well, it was to good to pass up! Way to good!

So I take it home, and the wife keeps popping into the drivers seat. OH well, Safari is around the corner! I'll drive then! I load it up, she won't drive it up on the trailer.

So on the trailer it goes and we head to Safari, I'm thinking life is good!

So on Monday, Todd and Linda are like "Take Christinne out and teach her to drive it" (OH THANKS) So I ask the All Knowing Todd, where do you think we should take her? Todd says nobody should be on Finns and Things, so we air down and off we go. Todd in the Vehicross, Linda in her Comp Buggy, and our friends Ron and Mary, and us in the Stock Rubi.

Well, she did everything on it and no bypasses. She learned how to use the lockers and everyting and she just plain attacked the rocks. Never had to back up or try again. Made the whole thing look easy! No dents! No Scratches! Ron Todd and me helped her only a little with ground guiding.

Now she tells me it needs a lift and tires! Bumpers and a winch! Sliders! I may never get to drive it again! And she will now drive it on the trailer!

Last edited:

Bart

Good for her, you can't keep all the fun for yourself. BTW, I was wondering why you didn't just drive it down, instead of trailering it.

JPNGRL44

Unhealthy Obsession
SWEET!! :tara::tara:

My husband and I take turns driving the jeep on the trails, and we often argue :amy:about what the next mod should be, but all and all we LOVE wheeling together :cool:

Last edited:

TheBigSgt

Rep Big Horn 4x4
Good for her, you can't keep all the fun for yourself. BTW, I was wondering why you didn't just drive it down, instead of trailering it.

OK, let's see, I own the Cummins, I own the trailer, If I want to do something, she doesn't and to stay at the house, Cummins gets 500+ MPG(LOL) the TJ what 15? I can pass everything out there, and is ALOT more comfy on a long drive.:rofl:

Also If I have any issues, I can get home and not have to pay to get it fixed there.

Last edited:

TheBigSgt

Rep Big Horn 4x4
SWEET!! :tara::tara:

My husband and I take turns driving the jeep on the trails, and we often argue :amy:about what the next mod should be, but all and all we LOVE wheeling together :cool:

I loved wheeling with her and I was proud of how she drove. It was her First real trail!:greg:

Bart

OK, let's see, I own the Cummins, I own the trailer, If I want to do something, she doesn't and to stay at the house, Cummins gets 500+ MPG(LOL) the TJ what 15? I can pass everything out there, and is ALOT more comfy on a long drive.:rofl:

Also If I have any issues, I can get home and not have to pay to get it fixed there.

Quit making so much sense.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
That's too funny Sarge! So what's the plan with the Rubicon, you going to lift it? Pending approval from the wife, of course. ;)

TheBigSgt

Rep Big Horn 4x4
I'm thinking a Teraflex, 3-4 inch,:amy:
33's from Maxxis, :amy:
Sliders from Daystar, :amy:
Bumpers from Fat Bob's. :amy:
I have a 9500 Warn. :amy:
Maybe a cargo rack, :amy:
and more lights.
Maybe a Max-Built Consul. :amy:
2 meter and CB. :amy:
Have the GPS. :amy:
Thinking maybe a over head radio mount.:amy:

Last edited:

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
She learned how to use the lockers and everyting

She's got Bodine beat right out of the box then! heeheheh

That's pretty sweet, Sarge. I like the Rubicons for a stock, wheelable, warrantied rig... the older Unlimiteds I like even better, for the extra room and wheelbase!! You done good. :D