Lucas Regional Racing

BEACH

Casey Beach Racing
Supporting Member
What is it going to take to get more people out on the track? Is it the price of the entry fee? What can we do to change it up and get more people out on the track? Any thoughts will be considered and appreciated!!

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
Seeing as how you are posting this on RME, I'm guessing you're not only looking for dedicated short course trucks or 500+hp Ultra4 cars to come out.

So who are you targeting this to?

I have always thought it would be fun to bring our jeep out there, at least for fun and to try to dial in our suspension a little better, but... Our sweet 190 hp I6 on 40s wouldn't scoot around the track very quick, and we would probably just get in the way.

I guess more explanation as to what the event actually is, as well as explaining the classes better might get more response than just posting on RME asking who is coming. Also, where are the pictures/videos from previous events? Get some excitement built up about it and you might see more people out there.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
What is it going to take to get more people out on the track? Is it the price of the entry fee? What can we do to change it up and get more people out on the track? Any thoughts will be considered and appreciated!!

I think racing would be a kick in the pants, even if I came in dead last. What does it take to get on the track? I'm assuming a decent roll cage, harness and seat, suit and helmet, a team and chase truck to back you up, what else?

BEACH

Casey Beach Racing
Supporting Member
Good Point. Ill work on the video and picture stuff. I mainly just dont want this event to die. There are many classes for all types of vehicles. I just wish more people would come on out. The only thing that has to happen is of course the safety stuff. Window nets, Rollcage and so forth. Ill see if I can get the rule book uploaded on here that you can look at. There very easy going and its just all for fun.

LiveFast

Live Fast Play Dirty
I am glad to see that there is interest in our series! There are a couple of threads on the RME 4x4 forum that talk about what is happening in the Lucas Oil Off Road Regional Series here in Utah. We had a great event this past Saturday at the Miller Motorsports Park and we are extremely excited to see the growth in the Utah region. I am having our photographer upload to this site as soon as possible. To begin, below is a link to the 2012 rules for the series.

http://www.lucasoilregionalutah.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/2012RegionalRules.pdf

With respect to classes and technical requirements, we are open to all classes that have an interest in short course off road racing. We currently have participants in many classes including:

Jr1 Karts
Jr2 Karts
Modified Karts
Stock UTV
R-1 - UTV
SR-1 UTV
Buggies - Desert - 1600 - Unlimited
Ultra 4 x 4
V8 4 x 4
Tuff Trucks
Jeep

We at the Lucas Oil Of Road Racing Series - Regional are committed to the growth and the representation of grass roots, affordable racing in our region and are open to suggestions, questions, and to working with all racers toward getting on the track and enjoying short course off road racing. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Christie at 702-400-1022. Technical questions can be directed to Aaron Daugherty at 702-491-5252. We would love to see you on the track July 7th at our next event!

Bear T

Tacoma free since '93
Can we do an open class so that John Q public (in any old clunker) can race against the big dogs like Casey Beach. Someone has a score to settle.

BEACH

Casey Beach Racing
Supporting Member
HAHA Im no big dog bear. But I would be happy to see ya racing out there

Bear T

Tacoma free since '93
My problem is I am usually working on Saturdays. I would love to come out, watch, help, drink beer, whatever is needed.

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
I called Aaron about some questions this afternoon. I'm going to be cutting it really close to be "legal" by the 7th :-\

Last edited:

chadschoon

You can do it Ben, and if I have any time from mine getting completed I'd love to offer a hand so you can race

BEACH

Casey Beach Racing
Supporting Member
I called Aaron about some questions this afternoon. I'm going to be cutting it really close to be "legal" by the 7th :-\

Some things they will let slide as long as you are improving. So dont count yourseld out if you dont have everything done.