Lurkers and registered members that don't post up....

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
We have plenty of un-registered members and we have several new members joining daily, but only one or 2 start posting up and becoming a part of the community. You're here, so you're interested in the subject matter. What's keeping you from registering/posting/participating? I think we're a friendly group, more than happy to help & entertain new members. Please don't be shy, toss up an introduction or join in the Chit Chat or post up about your rig!

Join in, post up and start getting the most out of RME! This is a great community, become a part of it. :)

Amy

Limited Supply Of Sanity
:thumbs::busted:
highfive.gif

utahluge

Finally Got My Truck!!
Could just be some people becoming members so they can see pics? I think its kind of annoying when I find a sweet thread just to find out I have to be a member to see the pics. I know thats just the way things are but alas, its just my couple of cents.

ichi-san

Earthbound Misfit
I guess I qualify as a Lurker. I originally joined to help plan my trip to Moab back in May (09). I meet some cool people and had a fantastic trip. Now I follow a few threads for entertainment and to pass the time. I rarely post up because I feel like an opinion from the east coast probably isn't relevant to the local crowd.

CJ Matt

I guess I qualify as a Lurker. I originally joined to help plan my trip to Moab back in May (09). I meet some cool people and had a fantastic trip. Now I follow a few threads for entertainment and to pass the time. I rarely post up because I feel like an opinion from the east coast probably isn't relevant to the local crowd.

It was great wheeling with you! You need to come back out. How is the Jeep?

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
It seems a lot of people sign on just for the classifieds. I know a few people that have a lot to offer in the way of tech, but they seem to only want to buy and sell.

It would be nice to see more builds, trip planning (expecially way up North -_-) and trip reports! :D

bkendall

JK Owner
I am honestly a lurker looking for trip events and cheap parts. Some of us don't have all the free time to chill and chit-chat and I don't have much to offer as far as advice and tech experience.

O'neal

?????????
I am honestly a lurker looking for trip events and cheap parts. Some of us don't have all the free time to chill and chit-chat and I don't have much to offer as far as advice and tech experience.

X2 ......Although,I would like to go on wheeling trip's with people here on RME but alot of the time people who post for upcoming wheelin trip's dont give enough notice for me to plan.

ammo_bru

As in my case, I signed up way back when. Sat back and learned. Yes I did do lots of classified looking (still do). Not much to say but lots of reading to learn from. Then there is that time to give your input and someones beats you to it. Or you are not sure about your opinion so you don't speak up, but you watch that thread to see if you were right.

This is a great community, very open and accepting to the new guy (person). It takes more than just the posts to make a great community, but if everyone just sat back and waited for the other guy to step up we would never get anywhere.

Thanks to you that have created this, those that help maintain it, and those that make it an enjoyable place to hang out and learn.

OrvisKrawler

Captain Obvious
As in my case, I signed up way back when. Sat back and learned. Yes I did do lots of classified looking (still do). Not much to say but lots of reading to learn from. Then there is that time to give your input and someones beats you to it. Or you are not sure about your opinion so you don't speak up, but you watch that thread to see if you were right.

x2 this is also my reason

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Could just be some people becoming members so they can see pics? I think its kind of annoying when I find a sweet thread just to find out I have to be a member to see the pics. I know thats just the way things are but alas, its just my couple of cents.

There is a logical reason for that... if we allowed pics uploaded to RME to be viewable by un-registered members then we are essentially allowing free hosting for images. Pics could be uploaded here, then shown elsewhere on the 'net and our bandwidth goes thru the roof. I totally understand your annoyance, but to keep hosting costs down that's the way it is.

I've been using SmugMug for my images that are shown here, so anyone can see them. There is a yearly fee, but I'm pleased with the quality and ease of operation.

Gotcha, but don't exclude yourself because you don't live nearby! Glad your trip went well and you think enough of us to keep checking in. :)

It seems a lot of people sign on just for the classifieds. I know a few people that have a lot to offer in the way of tech, but they seem to only want to buy and sell.

It would be nice to see more builds, trip planning (expecially way up North -_-) and trip reports! :D

Yep, I totally agree. The Classifieds are a big attraction to RME, but also a pain to deal with at times. If everyone that posted in the classifieds also started a thread outside the classifieds, we'd have a busy site! The 3 areas I would love to see have more threads are General Discussion, Tech Talk and Trip Reports.

This is a great community, very open and accepting to the new guy (person). It takes more than just the posts to make a great community, but if everyone just sat back and waited for the other guy to step up we would never get anywhere.

Thanks to you that have created this, those that help maintain it, and those that make it an enjoyable place to hang out and learn.

x2 this is also my reason

Thanks for weighing guys, I see what you're saying. I've done the same thing, see someone asking a question and I know the answer and start thinking about a reply, but someone else has already laid it out.

There is a lot of information on here and many very knowledgeable members, but don't think that everyone had had the same experiences you've had. Your opinion and experience may be that final thought or idea that another member needs to get his/her answer and solve their problem.

Wardenbf

Like several others have already stated, I lurk and learn. Personally I don't have any great need to see my name (or handle) in writing, so I don't post unless I feel it contributes to the thread or is an opportunity to be a smart-ass and hopefully inject some humor into someone's day.

Twisted

NEEDAMONEYTREE
I try to post..........but the words just won't come out of my fingers.:D

Great site Greg! Lots of information & great trip reports with alot of great pictures!

Honestly I am here to learn. I like to read about others tips, trips, and experiences. I love Moab, but I prefer to travel in a different mode.

DSC_0616.jpg