Marc Bryson's K30---Errrr '94 Wrangler----wait, '4x MB---I don't know what it is.....trail rig?

Marc Bryson's K30---Errrr '94 Wrangler----wait, '4x MB---I don't know... "Jeep" works

Owners Name & City-

Marc Bryson, Woods Cross, UT

Make, Model & Year of Vehicle-

Excellent question. Titled as a '80 CJ

Engine-

'89 TBI 350

Transmission-

700R4

T-Case-

D300

Axles-

Front: Chevy Dana 60, 4.56 gears, Eaton E-Locker. full width

Rear : Shaved 14 Bolt with spool, 4.56 gears. full width

Suspension-

Waggy fronts

XJ rears (reversed) 101" wheelbase

Wheels and Tires-

38" Super Swamper TSL/SX on stock H1 wheels with PVC beadlocks

Winch-

T-Max 9000

Favorite Trails-

Pritchett, Coyote Canyon, Mineral Basin

Other-

lots......

backontrailer.jpg

abandoned_rig.jpg

I'll get some 'action' pics next time I take it out. (it might be all one color by then, but who knows.......)

Attached are 'all one color' pics.......

freshpaint.jpg

freshpaint2.jpg

Last edited:

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Just drove a few.

2020 manual 3.6 supercharged built by Zach Harkness. I think it's changed a bit since he sold it. Manual is kind of meh. Supercharger is WAY more meh than expected. 40" Pro Comp are as wanderee as you'd expect. Despite the cool of the build. No thanks

Drove a white 2022 with deezel. 37" MTZ on a Superlift with Rubicon Express Falcon wanna be shocks. 11k miles. $62k. Really like that one except the price. Ok deal though once you start looking at it on paper.

Just drove a silver 3.6 Overland 2021 with 37" BFG AT. Not real keen on the Overland package. I don't see what's cool about the package other than the cool sticker but that's fine. It's at Performance Ford where @lbryson works. They gave me a good price on it. Not sure it's good enough to add lockers and be good to go or not. I thought it would need gears for sure but it wasn't bad at all.

New units are priced about the same as the used I've driven. Odd that you can't get some Wrangler packages on the Gladiator. Extreme Recon and stuff would really make sense to me on something that's 135" wheelbase.

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
It's an Overland. Goodish price. $46k. 3.6 so I wanted to spend a little time in it. Has 37" tires likely stock gears (what's that) so it's a little doggy? Honestly not that bad.

I'm weighing the deezel vs 3.6 argument
I have been less than impressed overall with the diesel gladiator I drove

mbryson

Supporting Member
I like the look! Fenders need some remodeling and coolers/radiator needs hanging. 20220917_094220.jpg20220917_094230.jpg

I have some family things to do from here on out today so it's probably what's it's going to be unless I get home earlyish tomorrow. It's pretty odd pulling twenty years worth of mods and some "junk" out of there. There's 12ish years of EJS dash plaques alone

Last edited:

mbryson

Supporting Member
Just bought a CJ swap radiator for this dawg. Should be here Saturday. It'll be "trail ready" by then. I'll likely jack the price $1k or so to take advantage of upcoming Jeep season and trail condition?

Nothing wrong with this. Already sent the radiator back.

20230114_122434.jpg20230114_122440.jpg20230114_122422.jpg20230114_122415.jpg

MB grille, fenders and modded YJ hood going back on. "Trail ready" it is in it's historical form. Have had quite a few pings on it since about 1 pm yesterday when I updated my KSL ad.

Last edited:

mbryson

Supporting Member
Looking at the 2nd killed front driveline closely, I got wondering about the front axle being centered. It's off about an inch or so to the driver's side. That's how it's sitting in the garage right now. I'll lift things up and get any tension off then set it back down and remeasure. I'm hoping I have a good bit of adjustment to push the axle to the passenger side over a bit past center. That should give the driveline/trans pan a bit more breathing room?

I have killed two front driveline since linking the front. Both times, fairly catostrophically. Only killed a strap on the pinion yoke before that. Both drivelines puked right where the tube slightly (maybe not so slightly?) rubs the trans pan. Hopefully moving the front axle to at least centered (erring to the passenger side) will change destructive behavior of the cute little CJ driveline?

I wonder if I can lighten this thing up enough to tow it semi comfortably with the JT? (Might need a LIGHT trailer--1k lbs or so? Extreme bonus points if the trailer's 20' long and can haul my 17' Buick) Might need a homemade trailer to do that?

Last edited:

RockChucker

What’s the wheelbase on the Buick? I’ve been working on a trailer design that will accommodate my Jeep and anything up to a 4door wrangler ish wheelbase. Taking a page out of @Hickey ’s book it will be a single axle with G rated tires. Torsion axle and low. Could be pretty easily extended if needed. Targeting sub 1k lbs for the frame only. I need to get back on this thing and finish the design and make sure dexter can make the axles the way I need.

IMG_4978.jpeg