memorial weekend rme bbq

big cherokee

a.r.c fabrication
i would probably run golden spike with you guys its that or pritchet, not sure yet on what others are doing, i want to hit bfe one day thought i guess im up in the air till i get in town and find everyone.

who is town friday i want to run something that day but not alone, i did the rim on my own one year and dont like doing that.

Addiction

Life is Good!!
I am heading down Thursday night but have to take off Saturday night, staying at a hotel in town. What is going to be the best way to hook up with those running trails?

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
This is coming right up. Has everyone RSVPd and paid for the BBQ?

Yep, we need the final head count by Friday night! Pre-pay not necessary but it helps us and you will save $1 per meal by pre-paying. :)

Thank you to everybody who has already RSVP'd! Tell your friends to get on it. :D
Remember, we'll have some fun stuff going on most of the day before the BBQ and even a bouncy house for the kids thanks to TeraFlex! So even if you get into town early, come by and hang out.

sixstringsteve

one way or another I'll be there.

I'm hoping to play the disc golf course at the base camp adventure lodge. I've played it once before, and it's by far my favorite course. I'm not sure which day I'm going to play, but if there are any disc golfers out there who'd like to join, I'd love to have you tag along. I'll probably be visiting the wind caves too while I'm out there. I hear they're cool and close to the course.

Last edited:

Addiction

Life is Good!!
Herzog,

I RSVP'd this morning for the BBQ, when I went to prepay there was a problem with PayPal and was unable to do so. I would like to pre-pay for my three meals. How do I go about doing so?

mesha

By endurance we conquer
one way or another I'll be there.

I'm hoping to play the disc golf course at the base camp adventure lodge. I've played it once before, and it's by far my favorite course. I'm not sure which day I'm going to play, but if there are any disc golfers out there who'd like to join, I'd love to have you tag along. I'll probably be visiting the wind caves too while I'm out there. I hear they're cool and close to the course.

wind caves huh, never heard of them in moab. I am interested.

sixstringsteve

also called "wind tunnels" and "the catacombs". I'm trying to find more info on them. Here's a start: http://www.climb-utah.com/Moab/windcave.htm

And the moab friends for wheeling mention the caves in this trip report:
http://webejeepinmoab.com/?m=200908

Maybe Jeff or Susan could shed some light on how to get there and if the caves are worth the road out there. I believe you take Kane Creek road out there to get to 'em.

Last edited:

pELYgroso

'Merica
Frisbee golf? In! I haven't played in a couple years but I've still got my discs around somewhere.....although I may not be there until after you've played. Why don't you just stay the whole weekend?

sixstringsteve

The weather is looking good for next week. It'll be nice to have some sunshine for a change. I forgot what it was like to wear shorts.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
^ Speaking of, if I head down, does anyone wanna run easier trails? I can't quite make Pritchet in the Xterra just yet.

I'd be down for PSM, or similar type trails..

sixstringsteve

we'll be doing golden spike on saturday, is your Xterra up for that kind of abuse? If not, I'm planning on running hell's after the BBQ for a night run.

here's my schedule so far (all subject to change). Anyone is welcome to join us for any of these rides as long as you have a good attitude.

Thursday May 26th - Undecided - pickle maybe?
Friday May 27th - Undecided
Friday night after the BBQ - Hells Revenge or fins n things night run
Saturday May 28th - Golden spike
Sunday May 29th (if I'm still around) - disc golf, wind tunnels, wild bill canyon (bottom of gemini bridges)
Monday May 30th (if I'm still around) - undecided

We should update the first post with who's going where on what day.

Last edited:

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
I've run PSM more times than I could ever remember, but never once run Golden Spike. Last time I was on Hell's was at night, and I almost dumped my sh!tbox off of a massive cliff... :)

sixstringsteve

Last time I was on Hell's was at night, and I almost dumped my sh!tbox off of a massive cliff... :)

sounds like our experience finishing PSM in the dark.

Golden Spike is my favorite trail. Obstacles every 200 feet, and most of the obstacles can be as easy or as hard as you want. I don't think there's anything on Golden Spike that's worse than PSM, but read your 4x4 book before taking my word for it. We drug an '86 IFS 4runner with no lift, 31s, and a welded rear through golden spike. Granted, he gave it hell, and he drug his rear bumper a ton, but no breakage, and he made it up everything. I realize you don't wheel your X like that, but I think you'd be fine. Golden spike is a VERY long trail. Plan on spending all day on it, with zero breakages. I thought we were going to have to spend the night on it last time we did it.

Last edited: